Blowed up REAL good.........

Well, I'm sure not happy to see that happening, as you guys are one of Japan's biggest trading partners, so if you dollar goes down much more, then the exports from here drop, and the economy here slows, not good for anyone.

I did notice that it only takes 111 yen to buy a dollar now, it has been around 120 yen for a buck for a LONG time :dunno:

It's not like my prices have gone down, not really, just that the comparison is not so great anymore.

Makita right angle drill

Stuart, Sorry did not read all the posts in this thread. If the Makita is the one with the one with the big paddle switch; I own one and its the dangerous; the paddle is always in the way. Pick up the tool and if you are not careful the drill
starts if plugged in. Same thing happens chucking and unchucking or positioning the drill to the work. In other words its hard to handle without touching the paddle. Peter

Well Peter, thanks for the warning, I'll not be drilling with it, but sanding on the lathe, with the 2" velcro pad chucked up, I will not be chucking or unchucking much either, so I should be OK.

One thought though, if this tool is/was so dangerous to use, why has Makita been making and selling it for such a long time? I would have thought the lawyers would have put it off the assembly line by now :dunno:

I just won a used one on auction........

MakitaDA3000_a.jpg MakitaDA3000_b.jpg MakitaDA3000_c.jpg

.......an older version, but they say it runs just fine. $26 + $5 for shipping, so I'll have one for $31, that is a price I can live with :D

Cheers! :wave:

Congrats Stu...that's a great price! I asked you to let us know how you liked the HF drill when Vaughn sent it to you...guess IT let us know.:D

Jeff, I liked it right up to the time is blew up :D

Like Don said, if I had a HF right down the street, why not give it a go a that price, if it blows up (maybe "WHEN" it blows up) just take it back and exchange it. It functioned just fine.

I sure hope the Makita lasts! :wave:

Makita right angle drill

Stuart, excellent price, best of luck with it and be careful, it will bite. I can not answer the question why the lawyers did not get involved. Keep me posted on your thoughts on the drill. Peace-Peter