Electrical Problem

Last night during some heavy winds & rain, we lost power to our outside electrical receptacles. Don't know exactly what happened. The rest of the house is fine. I thought maybe the circuit breaker tripped but when I checked the panel, it hadn't. I tried flipping that circuit off and on a few times but I can't seem to get power back to those outlets. It is a GFCI circuit but I can't seem to find the reset button on any of the outdoor receptacles.

Wouldn't be a big deal except for, you know, the Christmas lights. Anyone have any advice short of calling an electrician?

Also check in your garage or basement, they are required there also and can be wire with the outside outlets. One other place in my house is the outlet to supply the spa tube in the bathroom is below the counter and is GFI.

Thanks guys but my frustration level is at an all-time high right now. I've gone through the entire house about ten times trying to find this GFCI reset. It's not on any of the outdoor boxes & I checked all the indoor ones (kitchen, baths, basement). I left a message for one of my neighbors to see if he knows where it would be since he has the same model house as ours.

Just what I wanted to be doing today.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Rob,

The GFI outlets will sometimes go bad will they will not reset, all GFI outlets set pop off when you push to test button if they do not check with a meter to find if there is power to the GFI. if there is then the unit is bad.

Found it. Now I really feel like an idiot. There's an outlet right next to the electrical panel that contains the reset button for that circuit. I couldn't see it because I've had the panel door open & it was covering it up. All is well. :eek:

well rob........you`ll never forget exactly where that first outlet is;) ....on to better things.....tod