Hello from a snowbank

from the snowbank

I mainly do turning but have done some carving and a fair amount of flatwork. Usually oddball ideas that people come up with, and a lot of woodworking for our church. I have done turning for close to 20 years and flatwork a little less than that. A lot of work was pre-digital so I don't have any photos of it. I have a photo hosting site at this location.http://www.picturetrail.com/treecycledturning

Howdy Dale, and welcome to the clubhouse. :wave:

I liked the pictures of your work on your site. I'm another fan of turning acrylics. As you may or may not have noticed, we like pictures, so feel free to share as many as you'd like. :D

I also saw the free ad for your employer. In a previous job many moons ago, I spent many a day hanging around a Schwing pump, either sampling the concrete or monitoring the pour. Amazing machines. :thumb:

Hi Dale, wellcome to this great bunch of people.
Enjoyed it to look to your pictures, especialy to your pens, great stuff.
Where do you live in Minnesota ? I have a corresponding friend in Bloomington,
with which I correspond for almost 5 years, my best corresponding friend.

Welcome to the Family!

Hey, yet another bearded turner :D

Love the pics of the various turnings, and the pics of the trip on the Nimitz with your son, VERY cool! :thumb:

Hi Dale, :wave: and welcome.

When did you do the Nimitz cruise? Hubby was on the Nimitz from '78 to '81--before we were married, but he has good/bad memories of the ship.

Nancy (18 days)

from the snowbank

I did the Nimitz cruise in October. I met my son in Hawaii when they returned from the Middle East and spent 6 days sailing back to California. Great bunch of people looking after our country. Home is in Blaine, one of the north suburbs, but I own the family farm in Madison. Mom is in a nursing home back there. Thanks for the welcome.