HTC Rolling Clamp Rack at Woodcraft - $49.99

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Normally $114.99. With free shipping. Bonus!

Clicky link

Still haven't decided if I want one or if I want to hang my clamps from the wall. Wanted to pass on the price, though.

Never was much one for willpower. :D I ordered the clamp rack and the Triton Wood rack, which is also $30 off and free shipping.

HTC makes some good products. If that rack is like the one I got with my Besseys a few years ago, I loaded that thing down front and back and even put extension arms on it with "C" clamps. I had three times the load on it that it was suppose to have but it took the weight and moved all over the shop for me. Now that I have it unloaded the casters seem just fine. No damage that I can see.

DT

Many thanks, Vaughn. For fifty bucks, I just converted several hours of shop time from making a clamp rack to making furniture. For me, a good deal.

Regards,

John

I just took a look at the cart and decided to pass. The rack looked fairly well made for F clamps but not stout enough for bar clamps. I don't think the cart had enough storage room for my needs.

I just placed my order for one of these racks. I was at the local Woodcraft last night for our woodturning club Christmas party and asked about one, but they were out of stock. Oh well ... you can't beat free shipping!

My current crop of clamps won't even fill one side of this rack. I think I'll hang a plywood backer board to the other side with a small French cleat system mounted on it. Then I'll experiment with hanging my turning tools on it (instead of on the wall behind the lathe) and maybe some other commonly-needed hand tools. :dunno:

...I think I'll hang a plywood backer board to the other side with a small French cleat system mounted on it. Then I'll experiment with hanging my turning tools on it (instead of on the wall behind the lathe) and maybe some other commonly-needed hand tools. :dunno:

I was thinking of something similar...modifying the back side to carry smaller pieces of sheet goods and/or something else other than clamps.