Knobs - easy fast and cheap

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

As you noticed, I'm using many knobs for my jigs and I made them in many methods until one morning, after the 3rd coffee kicked in, I realized that I'm "wasting time and money" for something so simple...that I'm not going to put in the living room...

So I made them simple but, during the process, I thought, "How said that a knob must be round...actually, it's just a lever to turn and tight a nut or bolt"...so I made it even simpler.

I stopped using bolts because it's much cheaper to buy Threaded Rod and cut it to the required dimension and from one, I can make many "bolts" and don't have to run to the shop for every bolt length.

To the pics....

Best Regards
niki

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Niki: I haven't said so before but thanks for all the effort you put into sharing your "photo tutorials". While I won't necessarily use each idea of yours I have seen, some are seemingly quite useful, plus they can spark additional ideas.

Many thanks.
Ken

Niki: I haven't said so before but thanks for all the effort you put into sharing your "photo tutorials". While I won't necessarily use each idea of yours I have seen, some are seemingly quite useful, plus they can spark additional ideas.

Many thanks.
Ken
Hi Niki :wave:,
I want to agree with Ken in this matter. You have gone to alot of effort to share this with us. Thank you very much!:thumb: You do spark additional ideas:rolleyes:.
Shaz :)

Thanks for the great tutorials. I am going to put this one to use right away.
I noticed your sanding block in a few of the photos. Is this one of your design? I would be interested in seeing it in more detail. Thanks again,