For those who fly the flag

Glenn Clabo

UNCLAS //N05060//
NAVADMIN 326/07
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DEC//
SUBJ/HALF MASTING OF NATIONAL ENSIGN//
REF/A/DOC/1990//
REF/B/POTUS/LTR/4DEC07//
NARR/REF A IS U.S. NAVY REGULATIONS, CH 12, ART 1264, PARA 4, REGARDING AUTHORITY TO HALF MAST THE NATIONAL ENSIGN. REF B IS POTUS PROCLAMATION LETTER DESIGNATING DECEMBER 7, 2007 AS NATIONAL PEARL HARBOR REMEMBRANCE DAY.// RMKS/1. PER REFS A AND B, AND AS DIRECTED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THE NATIONAL ENSIGN SHALL BE FLOWN AT HALF MAST ON FRIDAY, 7 DECEMBER 2007, FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET, IN HONOR OF PEARL HARBOR REMEMBRANCE DAY. 2. THE NATIONAL ENSIGN SHALL BE FLOWN AT HALF MAST ON ALL BUILDINGS, GROUNDS, AND VESSELS NOT UNDERWAY. 3. RELEASED BY ADMIRAL G. ROUGHEAD, CHIEF OF NAVAL OPERATIONS.//

I would fly it at half mast also!! My respects to all past and present members of the Armed Forces and to the citizens of the U.S.A on this day of remembrance.

cheers

It is amazing to me that so many where I live never fly the American flag and some of them I know were twenty year military people. My neighbors must have lost track of how it could have been for them. We proudly fly the American flag when appropriate and it sure would make me feel a lot better to see a lot more of the same.

I will not fly a political flag but sure will proudly fly the American flag.

Old Glory flies EVERY day at our house. I have never lived at a house where the American Flag didn't fly daily, even as a child, as my folks flew the flag too. IMO, it's just one of those "right things to do".

My friend Doug was on the way to my house a few months back and he noticed a flag flying in this guys yard that was dirty and thread bare but that wasn't the problem. It was hanging by one loop hole and the bracket looked like it was about to fall off the house.
The manor in which it was hung and condition of the flag really got his goat. Two days later he noticed no change. He stopped at the mans house and knocked on the door. That was one embarrassed man when my friend ask him:

"Do you intend to fix that American flag alone or would you like my help?"

The next day a new flag was flying in a new bracket. ;)

DT

You sure know some good stories Don. Maybe you should write some books. A few extra million could not hurt anything.

I'm the one in the bunch that never tells stories Allen. :huh:

I will say this. If more people flew our flag, I don't think we would be having to turn a box around and around in a store to find the English language on it, push a button on the phone to speak English or have a translator to go between the doctors, lawyers or other necessary professionals and an English speaking American.

Above all, we would not have "High Schools" flying our flag upside down "below" another countries flag right here in our own country or even the vaguest rumor of our home language we have fought and died for become America's second language.

We are giving this country away with a big red bow attached and I for one will be glad I won't be around to see it happen.

This one I am not sorry for but I suppose it will have to be removed.

DT

I am kind of attached to my house, as I have built it from the ground up, and it stands on a pretty good hill and has a decent views of the hills in the background. Anyway one of the simple things I enjoy about life here is looking out my front window out across the valley and at the distinct ridge. And in the foreground is my Grandmother's flag, flapping in the breeze.

I know there are better homes, with better views, and better flag poles, but its just one of those things...it just wouldn't be home without that flag.

Color_on_the_Hills-546x412.jpg