Walnut NE

Just finished a few bowls AND got my photo tent set-up so...............

This Walnut NE is about 9" x 6" x 5", finished with AO and Beall buffed.

Any and all comments/critiques/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

walnut_ne_a2_1207700x448.jpg

walnut_ne_a3_1207700x485.jpg

Great bowl, Barry. :thumb: The wood and finish are beautiful and the bark survived very well. I think I'd prefer a bit smaller foot with a proportionally reduced lower part of the bowl, but that's just one guy's opinion.

Real nice stuff, though. I hope to be able to do a NE bowl this nice some day.

Oh yeah Barry, great bowl, I'm agree with Vaughn's remark, but also this is the opinion of another person, we all have our own view how to do it, right.
Keep em going. :thumb:

Yowzers, that sure is a pretty bowl. Did the bark pose any problems when turning? Did you have to do anything to it to keep it on?

Very nic bowl Barry. I've havent turned any bowls yet, could you or somebody post a picture of what the blank starts out looking like to end up with a rim like that.

Regards,

Randy

Something tells me this was not done on the mini lathe eh :D :rofl:

VERY nice, the flaring out of the NE is really spectacular, what a nice chunk of wood!

GREAT job! :clap:

Thanks folks!

Alex, I know so little about this stuff that everything poses a problem to me:eek: Mark Cothren get the credit for any good in this bowl as it was roughed out in his shop on his lathe under his watchful eye by me. I get credit for the too straight spots, sanding scratches and poor photo quality:thumb:

Randy, here's a pic of a little NE ash bowl I turned a few months ago. Bottom is done and I'm getting ready to hollow the inside.

HPIM1723 (523 x 700).jpg