R07.jpg

R08.jpg

R09.jpg

R10.jpg

R11.jpg

R12.jpg

R13.jpg

Niki,

I was browsing around and saw this older post of yours.

I appreciate that you post labelled pictures of the methods you use in constructing jigs... it is so much more helpful than just showing the finished jig.:thumb:

For the circular saw guide, I was wondering why the center leg that guides the saw is so wide. Also, the other side of the T looks like it could be used as a guide, too, like for cutting w/the other side of the circ. saw or for a router... do you see any problem with that?

Lastly, this is almost 2-yrs later... have you made any changes to the t-square design that you use?
Spence

Thank you Spence

The reason that the center leg is so wide is because I'm using (as you can see) a 5/8" thick MDF "Floor Panel" and I think that I wanted to make it more rigid or.....maybe I just used what I had...

Yes, I think that you can use the other side of the center leg as a router guide...I use something different.

I made only one change that is not so important and I could live without it....

Regards
niki

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

The change may seem unimportant, but it's still a brilliant idea that could be used for other applications. Great revision, Niki. :thumb:

Nice to see you drop by, too. :wave:

Thank you

Well, the story is that the last 6~7 months I've been in and out of the hospital....Colon Cancer...3 operations... but the good news is that now I'm "clean" just the recovery will take long time (I lost 44 Pounds) so, no woodworking for me this year...

BTW, I had PM from December 2008 that I replied just a few days ago and I wonder what the guy thinks about me not responding his PM...:eek:

Regards
niki

Niki,
I am so sorry to hear about your bout w/cancer and I pray that you remain clean of it forever.
Thanks for the explanation and followup photos. In seeing your cutout for the clamp I noted you still left the 'extra' width beyond the cutout. I'm thinking that it must be a good way to keep the jig from rotating... the wider the better.
Once again, I really appreciate the way your posts include labelled photos... they are verrrrrry instructional.

Spence

Niki,

So sorry to hear about your health issues. Glad to know you are "clean".

We will pray for your speedy recovery.

Fond regards,

Glad to see you back, Niki, and that you're treatment was successful. Best wishes on a "FULL" recovery of strength and health. :thumb: These "Health" issues sure do get in the way of our WoodWorking as we age. DAMHIKT :(

Good to see you

Niki,

Sorry to hear about your bout, but glad to hear your beating it.
I dont post here much but check in quite a bit and I was just telling my wife the other day " theres a guy on here that comes up with a new jig or way of doing something different almost everday and I haven't seen him in awhile"

I was wondering where you were, glad to see you back, waiting to see what you come up with next!

Glad to hear your doing better.

Take care,

Scott

They shouldn't have operated on Niki w/o anesthesia, he could show them at least ten things they could do better.

Get better soon Niki, been missing your tutorials!!!

Glad to hear you're doing better, Niki. Those hospital weight-loss plans are not fun. :rolleyes: A close friend of mine was just diagnosed with colon cancer last week. It's encouraging to hear that you're now clean. :thumb: