Graphics still wonky

Bruce Page

Anymore info on the graphic glitch that started up a few days ago? FW displays fine on my work PC but is still messed up on my home PC. I have deleted my cookies to no avail.

I'm running XP pro at work and 2000 pro at home. MS IE on both.

All due respect to Greg, Firefox might make the problem go away, but it doesn't handle it. It's not the universal fix for all web problems. (It's still the browser I prefer, though.)

Bruce, have you seen Jason Beam's fix in the Am I the Only One? thread? Since the problem is only showing up on one of your two computers, it sure seems to be that something is set differently on the wonky box.

Vaughn, I get a “You are not authorized to view this page” when I click on Jason’s link. Where do I find the "sendreferer" value?
I don’t have a problem on other vBulletin sites.

Bruce..........I'm still having the problem.....however, I tried shutting off my ZoneAlarm.....and then everything worked okay at FWW. I won't run without ZoneAlarm.....I tried checking all of the settings.....everything seems to be normal....

And yet.....this computer works fine at everyother site I go to including other VBulletin users.

????????

Is the Wonky computer using ZoneAlarm?

In your firefox browser address field type in "about:config"
Then in the search field type in "send"
Double click the the "network ...http:....sendrefere ..." and make sure the value is "2"

See attached jpeg

Last edited:
Vaughn,

I was only trying to eliminate one possible problem...something with IE. I assumed that Bruce had seen the "Am I the only one" thread, tried some of the suggestions, and was still having probs...

FF has worked when IE didn't, in several situations I've seen. Never know til you try...:dunno:

Try This

Guys, I've temporarily rolled back the change that Stu made a few days ago. Try logging out and then logging back in to see if that makes any difference. If so, we will have helped to narrow down the problem.

Well, I'm glad it is working fine now, strange that it only hit a few guys :huh:

I know that my Zone Alarm auto updates and sometimes after it does that, without any apparent reason, things like pics stop working on some sites :dunno:

Well, I'll just have to keep a look out manually for leeches sucking our bandwidth :D

Well, I'm glad it is working fine now, strange that it only hit a few guys :huh:...

I suspect there's some type of security setting on those particular boxes that's blocking the images. Norton is always the first suspect, but there could always be others. I'm not familiar enough with the Norton products to walk someone through trying to track down the errant setting. :dunno: