A home theater

Shaz, check your camera and see if it has a preset for "Incandescent Light". That should get you more realistic colors. Did the flash go off on either of the two pics you posted?

what can I do in a room with all incandescent lighting to get the color of the first photo, in fact, :huh: How did I get that one:dunno:, and hwo did I get this one? :huh:. Too many things to remember:eek:.
Shaz :)

The first pic looks like it was taken with the flash. The camera "knows" what color of light its flash unit puts out, so it can do a good job of white-balancing for it, especially if the flash with provide most/all of the light for the shot.

Having all-incandescent light is definitely better :thumb: than having mixed light sources ... which can be a real pain. :bang:

Most digital cameras have a built-in set of white balance settings, usually for incandescent, fluorescent, daylight, etc. The icon for the one you're looking for probably shows a standard light bulb "shining". It might even have a label of "Tungsten" or "Incandescent".

If you don't want to take a chance mixing the flash with other light, AND your camera has a "Custom White Balance" feature, you can get the best setting for the ambient light by:
* Holding a piece of white paper in the same light that you'll be shooting in
* Zooming in (if need be) to fill the viewer with the paper (as much as possible), and
* Pressing the appropriate button to set the Custom White Balance​
Questions? OK, but now it's ... hmmm ... Stu's turn? :rofl:

Shaz,

'bout as good as I can do with my limited "iPhoto" program.

Not quite the "halloween pumpkin" look, but not the real McCoy either... :dunno:
Hi Greg :wave:,
You know each and every effort is appreciated!
Thank you.:)

View attachment 23310

Shaz, check your camera and see if it has a preset for "Incandescent Light". That should get you more realistic colors. Did the flash go off on either of the two pics you posted?
Dear Vaughn, Hi :wave:,
This question is something I do not remember, however your input has helped lead me to the photos posted at the end of this note.:thumb:...S :)

The first pic looks like it was taken with the flash. The camera "knows" what color of light its flash unit puts out, so it can do a good job of white-balancing for it, especially if the flash with provide most/all of the light for the shot.
Hi Kerry :wave:,
Always appreciate your input. The concept of the flash correcting things is an important realization. Vaughn mentioned "flash" and you further explain it. I think you have hit the nail, Rather than my finger!:rofl:

Having all-incandescent light is definitely better :thumb: than having mixed light sources ... which can be a real pain. :bang:
Have you been there?:eek: Sosunds like it...:rolleyes:

Most digital cameras have a built-in set of white balance settings, usually for incandescent, fluorescent, daylight, etc. The icon for the one you're looking for probably shows a standard light bulb "shining". It might even have a label of "Tungsten" or "Incandescent".

Mine has that white balance thing, I have seen it!,,, but I'm too lazy to read the instructions, thus for 7 years I have been mentally without that feature. I never did get another camera as I figured out that squeeze clamps at first, now, gum bands from broccoli stalks will hold the battery compartment lid closed.!:doh:

If you don't want to take a chance mixing the flash with other light, AND your camera has a "Custom White Balance" feature, you can get the best setting for the ambient light by:
* Holding a piece of white paper in the same light that you'll be shooting in
* Zooming in (if need be) to fill the viewer with the paper (as much as possible), and
* Pressing the appropriate button to set the Custom White Balance
This is very clear info. I have had several 35 mm since the 70's and this makes sense, however since the digital I have expected it to cook me dinner, automatically. I am losing weight!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Questions? OK, but now it's ... hmmm ... Stu's turn? :rofl:

Here are some of the pictures I took in October, leaning on both Kerry and Vaughn's input.

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 002.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 003.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 006.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 007.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 009.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 012.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 013.jpg

Theater 2008, Still needing capitals 014.jpg
I have a few others from the visit after this, when it was needed, a pull, to tug the projector room door closed. The original provision for closing was eliminated with the addition of the leather and the metal.:huh: Go figure!:rofl:

That turned out great!!!
Hi Ed :wave:,
Thanks, Glad you were pleased.
S :)

nice work shaz!
Hi Tod :wave:,
Thank you very much.

Thanks so much for the journey !!! :thumb::thumb:
Hi Greg :wave:,
Thanks for going along on this trip with me.

it turned out beautiful shaz. very very nice. thanks again for takin us on the journey though this build.
Hi Chris :wave:,
Thank you. Glad you had time to go along.
...............................................................................................
Encouragement and input from you fellows and the others who contributed here, makes the effort to post the progress worth the time and energy.

So often it is discouraging to go to the trouble to do tutorials, descriptions and post pictures without any response from the gallery. Makes you feel like you are just entertaining.
In reality, I believe, our posting of a thread is an attempt to share some part of our lives, something we think is worthy, then, when no one responds, we sadden a little and may not comment on someone elses project. I try not to be bothered that way but sometimes stuff happens.

May I say this, If you get discouraged by a lack of response to a thread you post, consider getting more involved posting responses in other threads. That alone will make this a better place. In my honest opinion (IMHO).
I Love ya!
Happy Woodworking:wave:
Alias... Robert A Schaubhut :rofl:

Shaz
I have spent several hours over the last few days viewing this thread from beginning to end. I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share the journey. A truly awesome piece of work.:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Steve:type:

HI shaz.

I can only say THANKS FOR SHARING and taking the time to post such an impressive job.:thumb::thumb:

I think I need a pulley to bring my jaw back from the floor!:):thumb::thumb: