It sucks, but is/was funny

Stuart Ablett

I was finishing off the bottom of a natural edge bowl tonight, and I was sanding it, while on the vacuum chuck. I sure do like the luxury of the vacuum chuck, man does it work great :D

Anyway, it was funny, when I sand stuff, between grits I always blow the sanding dust off the piece, as some grit from the previous paper can be left behind, and cause some scratching when you really don't need it, well the dust was not all blowing off, and I went to wipe it off with my hand, lathe off, of course, and I had the sensation of the wood being wet......:huh: My mind went "Huh?" and I checked my fingers, they were dry, so wiped again and again the wood felt wet, totally weird, strange feeling...........

Then it dawned on me, the vacuum is so strong it is pulling through the unfinished wood, and was my fingers drag across the wood, they are feeling the suction through the wood, so the increased drag made my mind think the wood was "Wet" :D

Had myself a good chuckle at how the mind just assumes stuff. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers! :wave:

As embarrassing as it is when someone comes for a visit, I think there might be one can of beer in the Dungeon fridge :eek:

I seldom drink down there, the Dungeon is for working at my hobby, and drinking is not a hobby. :rolleyes:

I see the drunks that come into the Liquor shop everyday, they bug me about being fat, well, I'd rather be fat than a bloody drunk, any day. :wave: