Sick of looking at Holliday Cutting Boards?

If not, here's some more:D. My pitch to the customers is that all my boards are original pieces, so I have to keep reaching farther to come up with new designs. The first is white oak,red oak, mahogany, and walnut. Second is cherry, maple, walnut. The third pic is a variety of boards from a variety of woods (can you spot the osage orange?), the largest is 18"x22"x2". Merry Christmas Everyone:wave:, Barry

Attachments

• sw cutting board.jpg
    sw cutting board.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 94
  • country cutting board.jpg
    country cutting board.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 89
  • six cutting boards.jpg
    six cutting boards.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 118
Wow, I'm very impressed. :clap: Those are all great-looking boards. I can relate to the need to keep stretching your designs farther and farther.

Thanks for posting the pics, Barry -

Those are great looking cutting boards. I really appreciate the effort put into a nice cutting board. To me, for some reason, they are very special projects. That's probably because I only make them for special people. I never have sold one.:doh: They are always made to be gifts.

Very nice collection of boards, But.... Original does not neccessary mean "One of a Kind" A board can still be original and still have several Brothers & Sisters. Just that the design is original to their "Daddy"

"Daddy" done good, :thumb: now go forth and duplicate a few of your own designs which are still "Original Works by You" .

Very nice collection of boards, But.... Original does not neccessary mean "One of a Kind" A board can still be original and still have several Brothers & Sisters. Just that the design is original to their "Daddy"

"Daddy" done good, :thumb: now go forth and duplicate a few of your own designs which are still "Original Works by You" .
When I was making a lot of cutting boards, I really didn't like repeating any of my designs. A lot of the fun for me was trying to come up with something different for each one. I'd make similar boards, but never any two alike.

Dang, Barry! Way to rub a guy's nose in it. :eek: Okay, I know that wasn't your intention. And I had, nor have, the desire to put that much work into making mine. If I find a market for them, that would be different. But these (yours) aren't the made from the scrap box stuff I made for my kids. Like Tom said, these are works of art. And beautiful art at that. BTW, my favorite are the two little ones. What is the wood... other than the OO that is? The grain is spectacular! And I won't even get into the one made wit rounds and facet cuts. Holy moly! One little mistake there and... :thumb:

Thanks All,
What's the one in the third picture lower right made of?

It's Carob, with walnut on the edge. Rescued it from an arborist. It's a native of the eastern Med, but is planted here in AZ and SoCal as an ornamental, it's a beautiful wood, great for turning too.

"One of a Kind" A board can still be original and still have several Brothers & Sisters. Just that the design is original to their "Daddy"
Yea, I hear you, I've made some very similar but never presented them at the same venue, or given them to people who know each other. I guess I should say each one is "unique".
I really appreciate the effort put into a nice cutting board. To me, for some reason, they are very special projects.
I agree, they make great gifts, it's made me a hit with most all my relatives. I took some back and gave to my mom and sisters last sumer, they just loved them. People seem to really apprecitae them, even people who don't normally have much appreciation for woodworking. Barry

Really nice looking boards. You guys that do these boards are turning out great product. So who tells us where to find a tutorial on how to, or who does one? The results as with Vaughn's are stimulating and enticing to try! :D Thanks.:thumb:
Shaz :)