Exploding bearing bit

Al killian

I was working on finishing a few x-mas gift tonight when the bearing on my flush trim bit exploded.:eek: It made my heart skip a beat when it came apart. The worst part is I dont have a extra one and these have to be done on friday night.:rolleyes: What would cuase a brand new bit to have the bearing come apart like that? In the moring I have to call mcls to see if I can get a replacement ASAP. Pics to follow if I can get a camera.

I always wear saftey glasses and a shop apron to help cushoin anything that might go flying. I talked to MLCS Woodworking today and they are sending out a new one this moring. They said that the bearing must of had a flaw in it, but the where great about replaceing it without even seeing the old one or what is left. To me it looks like the top part of the bearing wad not pressed in proper as it has jagged edges on it.

Dixon, this is how he sleeps all the time even out in the middle of the snow storm.

I am glad to say that MLCS Woodworking sent me a new bearing and it arrived the next day. It is nice to see that there are a few companies willing to help out when there is a problem with there product without makeing a big deal out of it.

Well I'm glad you got the new bit for nothing and came through this harrowing experience unscathed. And tell your dog he's a handsome devil. :)