Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the Heck Happened Here?

What the Heck Happened Here?

In case you missed the news, the forums here at FamilyWoodworking have been restructured. (There was discussion and a poll about it in the Member's Only Forum. If you're a registered member, you'll be able to see that forum.)

As a result of this shuffling around of things, you'll see there are now several categories of forums, and the individual forums are subdivided into these categories.

You'll also notice several new forums have been added. There are a number of existing threads that should be moved into new forums and I did a little bit of that tonight, but by no means completed the job. (I did it mostly to "seed" the empty new forums.) Over the next few days, the mods and admins will be moving threads as appropriate into their new homes. We'll leave "redirect" links when threads are moved so you can find them in their new forums. There's also a possibility some of the older threads won't get moved, so if you see an older thread that perhaps would fit better in one of the new forums, let one of the mods know and they can get is put into the proper place.

Please keep the new forum structure in mind when starting a new thread, and try to choose the forum where it best fits. Of course, there will always be some threads that are hard to pin to a single forum or category. No worries, just put it where you think is best. This new structure is going to take us all a little while to get used to, but in the long run it should give us better flexibility in the future.

Enjoy!

- Vaughn
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Hi Vaughn:

Just took a quick look at your new format. I like it because it breaks out topics better and will be easier to find certain threads without having to do a search.

Good Job!
    Joe

Nice Job Vaughn, I like it.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Vaughn,

It's really lookin' good around here now... Thanks for your hard work!!

Denise

Thanks Vaugh. It's not what I was expecting so it's going to take some getting used to for sure!

But we (me for sure) are quick to complain and short to give compliments. So let me say thank you for your work on this. I have manage a couple of web sites and I know what it be like. So THANK YOU!

Vaughn, LOOKS GREAT!!!! I went to your PM on the web sense thing off of the email notification, so hadn't seen the change until after I sent my reply. I like it! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

While new to the forum, it seems the format will make it easy for a person to find information or areas that they are interested in.

Vaughn,
    Good work I like the changes!

Vaughn,

Thanks for all the hard work last night (into early this morning). You continue to amaze me with your persistance in making this a better place. I assume the new structure will grow on me, so "open mind" is the phrase of the day. I will not taint the efforts until we see how it flys with the membership. By the way, over 200.

Thanks very much for all the time and effort Vaughn. You are da website programming man!!!
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin