A Little Sumpin' With the New Guitar

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I had a chance tonight to play around a bit with my new 25-in-one guitar, and figured I'd show you all a few samples of how it sounds. This song has some fake Guild 12 string acoustic, 1959 Strat, and 1958 and 1956 Les Pauls, as well as a computer-generated drum track. In addition to using the different guitar models, I used a little electronic box that emulates a truckload of guitar amps. This has some Fender Deluxe combo amp, a Hi Watt stack, a clean tube preamp, and a Marshall stack. There are a number of rough spots in it, but it'll give an idea of what the new guitar can sound like. BTW, I'll warn you in advance that I'm pretty rusty, and the ending leaves a lot to be desired.

My web hosting company doesn't allow me to host streaming MP3 files, so right-click this link then select Save As (or Save Link As, depending on your browser) to save the file to your hard drive. (The file is about 3 MB in size.) After it downloads, open the file with your favorite MP3 player. It's a little something in the Christmas spirit. :santa: :guitar:

hey, that was very cool, you are one talented guy Vaughn!

I used to play a bit of harp, but man, that guitar stuff is cool!

Love all the sounds you can get out of that, must be a lot cheaper than buying all them guitars! :D

What, no singing :eek: :rofl: :wave:

Thanks for sharing that! :clap:

Very cool. Taking into consideration that I was listening over computer speakers I was still amazed how 'Les Paul' the Les Paul 'sound' sounded.

Vaughn, thanks for showing off your non-woodworking talents! Well Done:thumb:

BTW I played the tuba in High School, even offered a college scholarship to continue. (Yes I was a band geek, but also an athlete, small school had to be multi talented:p) I've search for a great deal on one for a few years, if I find one I will be sure to upload some John Phillip Sousa for you all.:D:rofl:

Very cool. Taking into consideration that I was listening over computer speakers I was still amazed how 'Les Paul' the Les Paul 'sound' sounded.
I recorded and mixed it all using headphones. This morning I listened to it through decent speakers, and wasn't real happy with what I heard. Embarrassed, even. :eek: Oh well, this was more of a quick and dirty experiment than a serious recording project...sort of like showing pics of a woodworking project before it's done. No finish or polish, but enough to get an idea of the possibilities. ;)

Vaughn, that is soooo coool!:thumb:

All I had to do on my Mac was click on the link, and Quick Time opened up and started playing your music. Slick.

The different sounds are amazing...and you are certainly a very talented player.

Thanks.

:clap::clap:

Ok, now the long blond hair makes sense. :rofl::rofl:
Very cool!! Wish I had stuck out with the guitar lessons when I was a kid. I still own 2 acoustic guitars, and old Ventura 6 string that one of my nieces has, and a Conn 12 string that is in my closet. Need to pull it out again one of these days. It's just the howling from the dogs makes it so hard to keep the tune going.:D:D Jim.

betr late than nvr

thanks vaughn for the tunes, i remeber asking to hear some of your work now i have.. just got some wirtes so i can hook up to the big guys in the shop instead of the puter speakers so will give another round later.