Coffee table- almost done

Bryan Cowing

Mission style from a free plan I got on the net, used flat sawn red oak. Hardest part was learning to use the Leigh jig to make blind dovetails. I ruined one drawer and the second was way off in color and grain, so I band sawed some 1" oak in half and made book matched drawer fronts. I should have the lacquer on by tonight.IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4434.jpg

IMG_4435.jpg

IMG_4446-1.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

Bryan, that is a classic! :thumb:

I often do not find the "Mission" style to my liking, I don't "Dislike" it, but if often leaves me a little cold. NOT the case with this coffee table, that is really nice, I'd love to copy it! :D

Cheers!

Bryan,

I love the look of Mission furnature. Great job on the table!.:thumb:

Are those bicycle inner tubes that you are using to clamp the sections of the legs together?

Good job on the drawer fronts. The figure seems to flow across the divider and hold them together. Well done...like it a lot.

Really nice table. also like the pulls. Mission is my favorite and you really did it well. Thanks for the web sight for the plans, going there next to get :thumb:

Tom

Looks like I forgot to post a finished picture! :( I'm not sure which stain I used. Could be one coat of fast dry dark walnut stain made to match min wax colors, along with 2 coats of sanding sealer and two coats of satin lacquer.IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4492-1.JPG

I somehow missed this thread when you posted it, Bryan. Thanks to Ed for bringing it back up. The table looks gorgeous, and the bookmatched drawer fronts really set it off. :clap: