How I spent my Saturday.....

Jim O'Dell

Well, we have been trying to find time to get pictures of the 2 older dogs, one of which we are afraid won't be with us next Christmas as he is failing pretty fast. We drove over to our favorite picture taking spot in Dallas, north of I-635 on Beltline Rd. This is a residential park in the middle of 1/2 to 1 million dollar homes!! It is the same place the picture of Cory in my avitar was taken many moons ago. We took 55 pictures. The wind was strong, and very chilly, but the dogs were troopers and we got some really special shots. I'll show you one here. It will be in the top 5 or so of the pictures we took today, and may be the one we use on our Christmas card. Yeah, they'll be LATE again this year! :rolleyes:
Dalton is on the left, and Cory is on the right. DSCN1866i.jpg
The other shot shows just how worn out Dalton was on the way home. DSCN1877i.jpgI shot that while waiting in line at a stop light.
They got to split an order of crispy chicken strips from KFC as a treat for being such good dogs.
Maybe I'll get some shop time in tomorrow. I did stop by Woodcraft and get some gel stain to try on the way home. Jim.

Wow, Bruce and Glenn and I all seem to be on the same page! I took a look at that pic and immediately thought what regal looking dogs! That is a fantastic pic! How old is Dalton? I'm sorry to hear he's on his last leg, but I'm quite sure you have given him some great years! Who knows, he may surprise you too!

Thanks guys.
Ed, the two are litter mates. They turned 12 last June 10th. It was a litter of 6, Cory was the first born, followed by 5 boys. Dalton was the next to last born, but the first of 4 in the litter to finish his AKC Championship.
So for a big breed, they have done quite well, age wise. Their mom made it to 13 1/2. I have no doubt that Cory will do at least as well. We are having trouble with Dalton eating, and therefore he has lost about 13 lbs in the last year. He has something going on internally. We decided not to do a biopsy to see if it's cancer, which it probably is. It wouldn't change what we will do for him at this age. No way would I put him through chemo. We have already lost 2 from the litter to cancer. Another one that lives in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota is starting to go down hill.
Well, enough of that. We'll enjoy them for the time we have with them. Jim.