Memorable TV or movie line?

""
How about this:

""Doc, uh, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." Doctor: "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs."

Thanks,

Bill

Had to think about this one for awhile. I knew it was Woody, but when you hinted it won the Oscar that cinched it: "Annie Hall"

From one of my little favorite movies,
"The light it green..."

From the same movie:
"Heeeere's MIRV!!"
"Oh god, it's the Queen Bitch of the Universe."

Sorry, that was confusing: I mean "both of these are from the same movie", not "both of these are also from 'Starman'".

Last edited:
Here's my favorite line......it got the actor who said it the part as Dean Wormer in Animal House.........

"Senator...where I come from they have a saying ......Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining....."

If you have to edit this ......I"ll understand....

Nobody going to take a stab at this one?

I ain't got a clue, Ken...

Lee - you need to watch it...:thumb: Lots of great lines in there...

"If I ever meet one of you Texas waddies what ain't drunk water from a hoofprint, I'll shake his hand or buy him a Daniel Webster cee-gar."

"You do and it'll be the biggest mistake you ever made, you Texas brush-popper."

"You get crossed with me and you'll think a thousand of brick had fell on you."

etc...

etc...

"Hey Dad! Lets run down there and get a cow!

No son, lets walk down there and get them all.

DT

Not even close Jason.........

What's funny is that when they had the 25th anniversary Animal House special presentation on television....the producer or director...one of them said they gave the part of Dean Wormer in Animal House to the actor because of the way he presented that line. in the other movie it came from........

I've used that line on managers/administrators...when they are using what I call double speak.....saying one thing......meaning another......trying to sell me on it.......THEY DON"T LIKE IT!

I'll give you a hint.........it was a western.....

When shown on television this line was censored........you had to see the original theater version......

Last edited:
Not even close Jason.........

What's funny is that when they had the 25th anniversary Animal House special presentation on television....the producer or director...one of them said they gave the part of Dean Wormer in Animal House to the actor because of the way he presented that line. in the other movie it came from........

I've used that line on managers/administrators...when they are using what I call double speak.....saying one thing......meaning another......trying to sell me on it.......THEY DON"T LIKE IT!

I'll give you a hint.........it was a western.....

When shown on television this line was censored........you had to see the original theater version......

The Outlaw Josie Wales?

The Outlaw Josie Wales?

Bingo George! The scene is just before they use the Gatlin guns to mow the confederate troops down after they've turned in their weapons. The pompous US Senator gives a pompous speech and remark......The Major replies with the above statement......

But you have to have seen the theater version as the tv version usually has that statement edited out.

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

No clue what the character's name was, head bandido I guess

I always thought it was "Blazing Saddles" - the banditos laughing and telling Harvey Corman's badges were not necessary.

Wes

Looks like you were both right but neither is the movie I knew it from. Apparently this has been used and re-used quite a bit.
Butch Cassidy & the Sundande Kid (Newman/Redford) is what I was thinking of.

The Replacements with Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman.
Right after the 400 Lb Sumo wrestler pushes the whole blocking sled backwards with the asst. coach underneath it - the Welsh soccer reject brought in to kick says to him - That'll do pig - that'll do.

NCIS?

And I too am stumped on the "Pig" since I didn't see The Replacements! ;)

Doug, you got me stumped on the second "Pig" movie:dunno:

Stu might not be able to get this but just noticed a commercial this morning that this will be on TNT tonight at 8. An amusing little movie. Not up to Keanu's normal Oscar winning level, but whatdaheck.

http://www.tnt.tv/title/?oid=338317