Memorable TV or movie line?

my first one was easy, here's a challenge for you:

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."​

Doug and Stu guessed correctly. It was The Duke in Big Jake.

Ok, how about this one:

When I was nineteen, I did a guy in Laos from a thousand yards out with a rifle shot in high wind. Maybe eight or even ten guys in the world could've made that shot.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."​

Big Trouble In Little China. Kurt Russell's character.

"I said I didn't have much use for them, not that I didn't know how to use them."

DT

"I said I didn't have much use for them, not that I didn't know how to use them."

DT

Tom Selleck. Once again the title escapes me, but it's where he's hired by an Autralian ranch owner to kill Aborigines which he aint gonna do. This is right after he shoots him dead with a pistol which aint his main weapon.

Last edited:
Ian, this sounded very familiar, but I couldn't remember where, so I cheated and Googled... and that doesn't match at all what I would have guessed.

----------
My Turn:

This quote was said multiple times in this movie: "It's not my fault!"

Han Solo in Star Wars.

And from obscure geekdom: "remember, wherever you go, there you are"

...art

That's gotta be Buckaroo Banzai, right?

Now this is a fun thread!

How about:

"could be worse. . . could be raining."

Or:

"It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas."

Wes