Meagan's Jewelry Box - Maple/Padauk (pics)

scott spencer

This year's Christmas project is going to my oldest son's girlfriend Meagan. It's a combination of curly maple, birsdeye maple, hard maple, and padauk. The box style was inspired by a project featured in Wood within the past year, but we changed the dimensions and modifed the center inset. The finish is clear shellac and Formsby's tung oil finish.

Attachments

• 000_0740.jpg
    000_0740.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 000_0744.jpg
    000_0744.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 000_0745.jpg
    000_0745.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 000_0741.jpg
    000_0741.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 52
Wow Scott, I hope your son likes Meagan, because she's gonna flat-out LOVE you when she sees that jewelry box. Beautiful work, for sure. :clap:

Yeah, Meagan's a sweetheart for sure, and she's been good for our son, but they actually broke up twice in one day two days ago. :eek: Fortunately, they've worked it out for now, so she's getting this thing one way or another!

Last edited:
Scott,

Excellent choice on the woods! The figure of the curly and birds-eye maple in combination with the color of the padauk makes a Great Project Even Better! :clap: :santa: :clap:

Thanks for the comments gang. As of 3am this morning, the air is back out of the balloon...or for those not aware, they've broken up again, which just seems inevitable at this stage....some 30 hours after getting the box. I know it's hers to keep, but I'm disappointed that she didn't get a little more time to enjoy it as his girlfriend as it was intended.

...C'est La Vie! :(

That is too bad Scot, but you never know, Christmas/New Years can be a really stressful time on relationships, never know, they might get their act together in a few weeks.

If it is meant to be, it will be.

Stu.

That is too bad Scot, but you never know, Christmas/New Years can be a really stressful time on relationships, never know, they might get their act together in a few weeks.

If it is meant to be, it will be.

Stu.

Very true...sometimes the girlfriend prohibits meeting the future wife. (that's a hard one for him to grasp right now...:huh: )

Last edited: