Trying out new stuff.........

Mark Rios

The description of this forum says,
Use this forum to ask questions about using the forum software, and to try new things out.

So. I'm trying out my new mouse........click..........click click.......................click click click click.....................click click............. click click.................................... click..................

Seems to work pretty good.

For me it is easier to ask the question than to search for the answer.
"how do we add a photo mid way in a "reply to thread"?
Thanks, Shaz

Upload your pics like normal and then use the "paper clip" icon to place them when you want to. Tha paper clip is up next to the white smiley face and to the left of the Font Color pull-down menu.

click click click......... click click click........ click........yep, still works.

Last edited:
Robert,

Do you want to add a picture as an "attachment", which appears in a small window at the bottom of your post, or do you want to add a pic within the message itself?

Greg

Robert,

Do you want to add a picture as an "attachment", which appears in a small window at the bottom of your post, or do you want to add a pic within the message itself?

Greg
Greg, the attachment doesn't necessarily have to be at the bottom of the post. You can insert attachments intermingled with the text, too. I'm short of time right now, but I'll see about writing up a quick how-to later when I have a few minutes.

Vaughn,

Thanks...I wasn't aware of that attachment pic posting feature. Look forward to seeing how to do it...when you have time. You've done enough just getting the new forum organization finished...:thumb: :thumb:

Greg

Mark,

Clicking on the paper clip brings up the Manage Attachment window...same as clicking the "Manage Attachment" button in the Additional Options section below the message window. Either way is how you make attachments....

Greg

Okay, but if you have already uploaded your pics, clicking on the paper clip icon THEN shows a list of your uploaded pics and you can choose which pic to put where you like.

I would do it now but I still can't upload pics to here somehow. It says that the pics are uploading but nothing happens.

Mark,

If they are not uploading...I believe it's probably because they are huge...and the software is trying to compress them and taking a very long time trying... E.mail me a pic you want to post, and I'll take a look and let you know. My email addy is in my profile.

Greg

okay, thanks. But I just went over to smc and did a test and uploaded them there and they uploaded quick as a wink. One is 44k and one is 84k. :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'll send them

okay so this one uploaded mo problem but the one of the desk just sits there.

I'll try exporting it out of iPhoto and resizing it again.

Well, nevermind then. It was just those two particular pics. for some reson they wouldn't upload but the new exported and resized pic did just fine.

Thanks very much for your help though.

Anyway, did you see what I mean about the list of pics under the paper clip icon Greg?

Mark,

Congrats!

Yes, I see the list...

You posted: "Okay, but if you have already uploaded your pics, clicking on the paper clip icon THEN shows a list of your uploaded pics and you can choose which pic to put where you like." Could you demonstrate this for me? Place an attachment pic between 2 text lines in a post...

Thanks,

Greg

Mark, never mind...I got it....coooooolll!

Last edited:
It appears that the ability to insert "attachment pics" within the message text is a newer feature in vB. I checked on the site I mod, and the paper clip is not there, and there's no way to do this...but the site is using vB 3.0.7. It might have been added to version 3.6.0 series of upgrades.

A very cool feature.

Greg

I'm not sure what version they''re using over at smc but I was told about that feature about 6 months ago or so. Not that it was new, just that it was there. :huh: :huh: :huh: