She left me for a younger man ...but she

flies back in this evening. Sharon's in Portland...our great-grandson's 1st birthday was yesterday. She flew over Friday after school. It's my Christmas present to her.

39 years ago I met a young blonde divorcee on a blind date. 3 days and dates later I asked her to marry me. 8 days later I signed over my checking and savings accounts to her as I departed for bootcamp. 2 days after returning home from bootcamp we were married. Tonight we celebrate our 39th anniversary. I nearly lost her to a rare form of cancer 16 years ago.

Only have 2 photos of the wedding......You'll notice how happy and excited we were?.....:eek::rolleyes::D

Image002 (2).jpg

Image003 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Yes Ken, that are some really nice pictures, thrue love pictures.
Well the 15th of these month we celebrate our 41th wedding anniversary with a nice dinner for two in our favorite Greek restaurant, I hope we can make it somewhat longer till 82 Merry Christmas :wave:

Thanks for sharing that story with us Ken. Perfect for the season.

I wish you and Sharon many more wonderful years together.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Now get that shop finished or Santa won't bring you anything but a lump of coal. ;):D

Karl

Very Nice!

Great Story. Wish you both 39 more many times over.

----------------

"3 days and dates later I asked her to marry me. 8 days later I signed over my checking and savings accounts to her as I departed for bootcamp. 2 days after returning home from bootcamp we were married."

Most here (you and me included) spend more time trying to decide Brand A or B tool and weather or not I should go with the one that costs $10 more or get free shipping!