Drill Press - Drilling large hole over small hole or vise-versa

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

I have very simple Drill Press (DP) actually, the basic one that you have to turn left-right to change the table height.

Sometimes, when I'm cutting wheels / knobs / circles with Hole Saw I get the 6mm (1/4") hole at the center but than, I want to drill larger hole for a T-nut or other reason.

The problem is that, I have to change the drill bit that is not always possible without moving the table down first (especially if the next drill bit is longer).

But, after changing the drill bit, I have to return the table to exactly the same point as it was before so the large hole will be drilled at the same center like the small one...

So, here is how I solved this problem...very Lo-Tech method but it works for me...:eek:

Merry Christmas
niki

DP001.jpg

DP002.jpg

DP003.jpg

DP004.jpg

DP005.jpg

DP006.jpg

DP007.jpg

DP008.jpg

DP009.jpg

DP010.jpg

DP011.jpg

DP012.jpg

DP013.jpg

DP014.jpg

DP015.jpg

DP016.jpg

DP016a.jpg

DP017.jpg

DP018.jpg

DP019.jpg

DP020.jpg

DP021.jpg

DP022.jpg

DP023.jpg

DP024.jpg

DP025.jpg

DP026.jpg

DP027.jpg

DP028.jpg

Niki, you are singlehandedly making a large increase to the value of our Jigs and Fixtures forum. I'm sure that many members will be browsing it frequently for your inovations. Thanks yet again.

Thank you so much for your kind words

Frank
I do hope that many members, especially the amateurs like me, will have look at the posts...

I'm not sure if they will make them but at least, they can get some general ideas that will save them money and work safely...

I don't care so much about the number of "Replies" as I care for the numbers of "View"...lets face it, sometimes, there is nothing to "Reply" to except "looks good", "nice" or alike...

Marry Christmas
niki