Emergency Question for Xmas Eve

Sounds like that you are going to have to replace the pad anyway so how about spraying some 3M 77 spray adhesive or something like that to the back of the sandpaper and giving it a try. It worked when some of my old stick type paper dried up too much to hold.

Mr Bookouts right . . .

You've got junk right now. If its " run-what-ya'-brung " in order to finnish up you won't be out anything. **** the torpodoes ( er, pad ) and go for it.

Sounds like that you are going to have to replace the pad anyway so how about spraying some 3M 77 spray adhesive or something like that to the back of the sandpaper and giving it a try. It worked when some of my old stick type paper dried up too much to hold.
THat's exactly what I was going to suggest Allen. The same fix worked for me (and it worked very well :)) last summer when I was at my cabin far away from a replacement pad source.

Sand off what's left of the H&L and do as Mr. Bookout suggests. If no spray adhesive double stick tape will do in a pinch.

GOOD LUCK!!

Wes

What did you use before the ROS? Elbow grease? Sad but true, often a referral to old tried and true procedures. I got to thinking, last time I used my ROS the disc flew off on its own???? I was done so I didn't investigate, but I have plans for mine this week and so I wandered into the shop to check mine, I put a new disc on the ROS and it held and worked fine on a pass or two on an old piece of ply. I'm safe. I have a couple of ROSs but there is always my "favorite" and that was what I am taking with me on the off campus job.

Merry Christmas

Nice job Matt.
I remembered seeing this post on another forum that addressed the issue of the cost of replacing the pad. I have not seen the product or used it but sounds like a good solution and it would give a guy a backup without having to buy two pads.

"I found a simple solution at lowes. They had a H&L replacement kit with 2 replacement sheets. A adhesive backed piece of sand paper is included that you stick to a flat surface. then you just run the sander on the sandpaper to sand off the remaining hooks on the existing pad. the you glue on a new hook sheet to the pad. This worked great. the kit costs about $6 and has 2 hook sheets. So that about $3 per pad replacement. I still have 1 left. I have had no problems with this at all.