Let us see the woodworking related Christmas gifts that you received

Only one woodworking/turning tool. A Henry Taylor 1" skew. I dropped a hint to Santa and son and daughter-in-law and grands delivered. Hopefully this hss tool will need sharpening a lot less often than my (genuine) antique one.

Attachments

• skew.jpg
    skew.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 21
Hey Frank, is the steel in your new skew the Henry Taylor Kryo, or the high-speed steel version? Either way, congrats.

And a nice one!
If that's a D-50, I have the same set up and I love it.:thumb:
---------------------------
Oops - spoke too soon. Nice rig that D-40!
Hard to go wrong with either, huh? :D

I just realized I'd not chimed in with my Christmas goodies...aside from the fully decked-out PM 3520B :) (and eventually the power upgrade to be able to actually run it), I got Woodcraft and Lowes gift cards, which have already mostly used up on a dust collection hood w/stand and various plumbing and electrical parts for my vacuum pump rig.

Hard to go wrong with either, huh? :D

I just realized I'd not chimed in with my Christmas goodies...aside from the fully decked-out PM 3520B :) (and eventually the power upgrade to be able to actually run it), I got Woodcraft and Lowes gift cards, which have already mostly used up on a dust collection hood w/stand and various plumbing and electrical parts for my vacuum pump rig.

The PM has got to be sweet...if you're into those kind of things..:p

So far, I'm diggin the Nikon, I can't wait to take it up to Alaska.
My last digital was an Olympus C4000 4 megapixel. It takes very good pics for a point & shoot but the Nikon is so much more versatile (and expensive). :thumb:

Last edited:
hi all

well i am a little late getting my christmas stuff posted but here goes ; i got a grip tite 2000, an mj splitter (both kerfs),
a new lie neilsen #1 bronze plane, 2 lie neilsen card scrapers with the wallet to keep them in , a bottle of camila oil (finally!) and a very nice snakewood pen, and finally a new hock plane blade for a #6 or #7 stanley bench plane. quite the haul if i do say so myself !! happy wood working everyone :)

p.s. the #2 is a gift from last christmas , just in the picture for size reference .....

Attachments

• LN #1 and #2.jpg
    LN #1 and #2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 10
  • LN #1 and #2 a nice pair.jpg
    LN #1 and #2 a nice pair.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12
Y'all are so lucky! As for me, I got hosed, just like the dad in the commercial last year.

Me too, I guess I'm just hard to shop for. Thinking of buying a Festool sander though, so maybe that will count.

So, what do you guys think about incra miter gauges? ;)

I've used one briefly at a friend's shop, mine is one of those Kreg ones that look like the old Woodhaven's. I find it less fussy to use, but I wouldn't go so far as to say one is actually superior to the other.

Been away for awhile...but I got a faceshield (I know why didn't I have one before) and an upgrade for a dust mask w/carbon filters. Also made some hook tools with my dad. (pics soon) Thanks again Dad! BTW a gloat for my Dad...he got a Trend airshield for christmas...that's why I got the faceshield and dust mask.

Attachments

• 07 XMas 083 2nd hand face guard & mask.jpg
    07 XMas 083 2nd hand face guard & mask.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Well I've been waiting to get near a camera so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it:

Lowes gift card "for Wood" . . . yeah, right; used it for some jigsaw blades and auger bits and will spend the money I saved at the lumber yard.

Veritas setup blocks, already love them. I had threatened to buy them myself if they didn't show for Xmas.

Clamps, clamps, clamps; they know me so well.

LV long feeler gauges.

Well, I guess I owe Mr. McMillan a thank you for my big WW gift.;) I forwarded my Mom Vaughn's post about the little Metabo driver that was on sale at Rockler. So Mom, the little stinker she is got one for Dad and me!!:rofl::thumb: Thanks again for the info Vaughn!

My inlaws were very generous as well and got me a pair of carving knives and a set of diamond hones from Woodcraft!

Now I just have to stay healthy enough to get back in the shop!!:rolleyes:

Wes

Attachments

• metabo.jpg
    metabo.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 25
  • carving knives.jpg
    carving knives.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
  • diamond hones.jpg
    diamond hones.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 9
My Christmas Present

This is what my wife got me to replace the old 16/32 Performax sander. It is a Woodmaster 3875 with digital scale, extension wings, and reversing kit, and mobil base.

294926648.jpg

293854034.jpg

293854031.jpg

293854008.jpg

James Jones
Huntsville,TX.

Well, er.... I got nothing:(:(:(:(:( Maybe I've been misbehaving.

Oh sorry I almost forget about it! I bought a Shapton sharpening stone that my SWMBO offered to pay for, (once she knew I had ordered it already).
(sigh).