The kind of gloat we all want.

Bruce Shiverdecker

In Memorium
Some of you might remember that about two years ago, I agreed to do a piece of flat/ turning for my daughter-in-law. A Cradle! My son Eric and his wife Sandi have beeen trying to adopt for 4 years. (Sandi had cancer at 28 and can't have her own)

Well, this past Saturday, Santa and the Stork got together and delivered a bundle of beauty and love. She's 6 weeks old, weighs 9" and fits perfectly between the crook in my Elbow and hand.

May I Present:

Kinsey Taylor Shiverdecker:D:D:D

Kinsey- first day at home.jpg

Here is the Cradle - Not my best work, but it has some features that I like.

It is 100% wood. No metal anywhere. The pivots are threaded dowel. The end panels, since I couldn't get the curly Maple wide enough, is book matched and the framing is built like cabinet door. I turned the spindles out of Curly Maple. The framing, legs, etc. are from Curly Walnut. Hard to see in the picture. By taking out two slide pins and the three threaded bolts out, it dis-assembles. Finished with several coats of Garnet Shellac with a little Cordovan Trans Tint dye.

K-1.JPG

K-2.JPG

K-3.JPG

K-4.JPG

The Mattress, Bumber Pads, and Quilt were made by my wife Barbara.

We are Bustin' at the seams right now. There can't be a better Christmas Present. However, I ask that you keep us in your thoughts. There are still some legal aspects that could kill it, and we could still lose her.

Thanks for reading and looking.

Bruce

Very nice work Bruce, and congrats to your whole family. (I'll be pulling for you and hoping that everything happens as planned.)

Bruce, the cradle is really nice, the bedding is great, but that little girl tops them both :D :thumb: (as I'm sure you will agree).

Thoughts and prayers for things turning out well sent your way.

Cheers!

Bruce, the baby is absolutely adorable. I hope and pray that it works out the way you guys have planned.

Also, as far as the crib is concerned, don't sell yourself short. It is beautiful. It is clear that you have put a lot of warmth and love in the project.

Mohammad

The baby is precious, and the cradle is a labor of love. They will work well together. I hope the legalities get worked out soon for them.

Congratulations!!!:congrats:
That's a beautiful crib and will look even better with that gorgeous young lady in it.:)
Best of luck with the legal stuff. Hope the lawyers don't make a mess of everything.:huh: