Woodslicer on a MM16?

Brian Hale

Since i only have one blade for my MM16 (Lenox TriMaster) i'm looking for a backup and am considering a 3/4" woodslicer from Highland Woodworking.

Any opinions?

Thanks!

Brian :)

Brian, when I ordered blades from Louis Ittura I asked about the woodslicer and was told that he had an equivalent blade in 1/2 ". I bought one and while it worked okay I won't buy another one since it seemed to dull pretty quickly. I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the woodslicer is most useful for re-sawing on smaller saws since it is thinner than the regular blade and does not need as much power as a normal width blade. You've got plenty of power with the MM, so why not get a good 1" bi-metal or even carbon blade as a back-up.

brian, if i`m not running a trimaster i`ll shop for price on hss blades....as long as the tooth geometry is what you need the life from one to another will be just about a wash.....tod

Thanks Guys!

My first thought was the woodslicer because it does so well my 12" Atlas but you're right, just about any variable tooth blade would be a good backup. I'll look around for a 1 - 1.25". MiniMax has Olson All Pro's for $35.

BTW, MM has a couple videos on their site that addresses some of the basic setup steps for their bandsaws.

Brian :)