Hello

Chris Elliott

Hey just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the group. First of all I know nada,nill,zip about woodworking but I want to learn how to do it. I've always liked carving things up as a kid and smelling the fresh cut wood. Anyway I plan on having fun learning this art. Besides now my wife can't say "why don't you build something like that for our house". When she sees my friends wood crafts. You know who you are Darren. :)

Welcome Chris
Ask....Ask.......Ask, there is plenty of help

Me.?
I am busy making coffee for you the pot is heating up.

:headbang:

Welcome aboard, Chris. We were all in your newbie position at one point, so don't be shy about asking questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question. Plus, we can blame all the borderline ones on Darren. :rofl:

Welcome to the Family Chris!

Like Vaughn says, we were all at the "Newbie" point at some time, but you are in a great spot, because of the Wonderful World Wide Web, your pool of knowledge you can tap is a lot wider and deeper :thumb: Well I guess we are ALL benefiting from that!:D

Again, welcome!

Hey just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the group. First of all I know nada,nill,zip about woodworking but I want to learn how to do it. I've always liked carving things up as a kid and smelling the fresh cut wood. Anyway I plan on having fun learning this art. Besides now my wife can't say "why don't you build something like that for our house". When she sees my friends wood crafts. You know who you are Darren. :)
Hi Chris :wave:,
Welcome to this family:). If you want to try carving inhale all Mike Henderson has to utter, for directions and guidance on working machines ask Tod, for turned work...ask those round headed mugwarts over in lathe land. :eek: They do great work but be careful they will try to draw in you and your loved ones:D:rofl:. Dave Richards wrote the book on helping with computer generated woodworking art work, and Vaughn can make a rather stupid sounding sentence into a sweet play on words.
Other than that we ( all others) are relatively normal, level headed woodworkers:rolleyes:, and pleased to have you, a level headed beginner.
Shaz:)

Welcome Chris; I am also a new member,I will be looking for your Q&As to see if I can pick up on things I have not thought to ask. Maybe you will do the same? Looks like there is all the right poeple here to ask. Thanks, Brad

Welcome aboard Chris. :wave: Suppose I need to be nice since this is a family forum. :D

You missed a great trip to Wood Crafts today. They kicked Scott and I out, said we were drooling too much, were going to rust the tools. :rofl: