Ever post anything? start here

Hi folks,
My name is Robert Schaubhut, I go by Shaz, and I am new to this Forum stuff and Threads and Posting and alot of stuff that is old hat to computer people. The only reason I feel comfortable joining in these conversations is because the people here like woodworking, and I, always wanting to be an educator feel my 25+ years experience in woodworking gives me a good base of information and experiences to draw from. My skills have been honed a bit due to people willing to help me over the years,and mistakes I have made which stand out clearly as things not to do.:doh: We all have strong points and weak in our skills, our talents, education, experience, ability to express ourselves or whatever but nevertheless YOU are valuable and so is your input, your questions, even a comment to another person's message can validate the fact that "they had something that someone else found worth responding to." Doesn't need be long winded. (like me):soapbox:
If I were new to woodworking I would be intimidated by this method of question asking, or if my computer skills were "beginner" (they are) I would be shy, trying to work through this.
I have been finding out that my spelling errors are over looked, my computer illiteracy is accepted and when I ask stupid questions, people help me. Many people here have suggestions for any questions, careful what you ask:rofl:
It will be a better place for all of us if YOU join in. :thumb:
Try Posting something in this Thread just to practice posting to see how it all works. post as often as you need here , til you get comfortable and then head for the threads of your chioce. :biker: If you have a question about posting ask it here, I won't answer it cause I don't know nothin about the technical stuff, :huh: but somebody does. Enjoy ,,, but join in!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaz:)

Thanks Robert, I trust that this will encourage some shy people to post here at Family Woodworking.

Please, please folks do not feel intimidated. This place is only as good as the members who participate. :soapbox:

Shaz, thanks for offering encouragement to the quiet ones. :clap:

Regarding spelling and such, I learned a long time ago that there aren't enough hours in the day for me to correct all the spelling errors on the Internet, so I gave up. :rofl: As an editor, that takes some serious willpower. :eek: :D

- Vaughn (a.k.a. The Spelling Ninja)

Vaughn....would it be possable to insert a spell checker into the fourm...:dunno: I know they have them in some fourms just didn't think about it cause I dont do good with spelling.....lol and I won a spelling bee in the 3rd grade :rofl:
Reg

well written shaz! i cain`t spell, cain`t sing, ain`t purdy-n-my legs are thin.....but, by golly i know a bit `bout woodbutcherie......and even vaughn has givin` up on correcting my anglish;) .....jump in ya`ll ain`t too many of us bite....tod

well written shaz! i cain`t spell, cain`t sing, ain`t purdy-n-my legs are thin.....but, by golly i know a bit `bout woodbutcherie......and even vaughn has givin` up on correcting my anglish;) .....jump in ya`ll ain`t too many of us bite....tod
Thank you Tod,
Very seksinght and two the point, all welcome here.
join in and share.
Shaz

When I discovered there was real wood under all that paint I started striping the paint. I prefer to see the wood.

I'm one of the lurkers. When I look at the projects that you all have done, I feel like I'm still the kid pounding nails in the board. I have enjoyed making the projects I've done.

Thanks for this great forum and all the nice folks here.
Roye

Well Roye,
Thanks for stepping up and being heard. One thing I do on every project is try somethings new to challenge my self. This gets me into trouble so I have to develop new skills to make it right. This is making me a better woodworker. I have found that my skill set and learning curve has gone up exponentialy and No I can't type and can't spell either..:D

When I discovered there was real wood under all that paint I started striping the paint. I prefer to see the wood.

I'm one of the lurkers. When I look at the projects that you all have done, I feel like I'm still the kid pounding nails in the board. I have enjoyed making the projects I've done.

Thanks for this great forum and all the nice folks here.
Roye
Hi Roye,
You're alright being just who you are. Glad you too like the look of the wood. :thumb: Hope your stripping square footage is minimal, as that , I believe is one serious start in woodworking.:doh: :D Hang with us and share your thoughts.
Shaz

Last edited:
Thought I would post a thanks to Art and Doug for help in understanding a bit more about posting replies in a thread called "HOW DO YOU". :thumb:
Trying to keep this thread aloft with new people coming in all the time, we all want to welcome you and encourage you to interject your thoughts :D.
We all have to touch the hammer for the first time, but "the first touch" only happens once.:rofl: Hop In.:)
Shaz