Prayers for my parents, please. - UPDATE 1/22/08

Prayers and positive thoughts DO help. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, and here's an update:

Apparently they got Daddy to the hospital in time to start good treatment, because as of this morning (Wednesday), he is talking better, he can now turn his head to the left (couldn't on Sunday), and has almost full use of his left arm. His left eye is still "frozen" in place and he has no control over his left leg, so he's not out of the woods yet. He is being transferred to a rehab facility today in Martin, TN, the next town to the east about 10 miles, but he balked and fought going there until he was TOLD that he was going for the therapy he needs. Mother anticipates that he'll be back home within a month. He says he feels fine, but sounds very depressed and "resigned to his fate", as he puts it. I'll probably be heading east around the end of this month, rather than waiting until March as I had planned.

Please keep my dad in your prayers...they are all helping. Thank you.

Nancy

Last edited:
Nancy, glad to read daddy is doing better, it's a step by step procedure as you know, but with a good therapy and good care and attention he can get back the controle of his functions. Wish you strenght in this for you difficult time. My thoughts are with you.

Glad to see things are moving in a positive direction, Nancy. Let him know a lot of people are pulling for him around the world. :)

Prayer and positive thoughts DO work!!

First, I want to thank you all, whether you posted here or not, for your prayers and positive thoughts for my parents, especially for my dad. They work.

I just talked to my dad on the phone, and he has made such good progress that he will be released from the rehab hospital on February 1 to go home, with a 3-day-a-week therapy regimen to follow. He still isn't "well", and probably never will be, but at least he can walk with a walker, can feed himself, and will be at home in his own bed or his own recliner, with his cat on his lap, and be able to be a part of the family again. I am so thankful, and so grateful to all of you--my internet family--for your prayers and good wishes.

THANK YOU ALL!!

Nancy

Thank you Nancy! In this day and age it seems good news is hard to come by and I really do appreciate hearing about your Dad! My very best to you and your family! Hope your Mom is coping - this had to be one heck of a shock!