some of my work

gary doby

Hello everone. I am new to the forum. Thought I would post some of my work.

1st are some pocket watches.
Next is amutipart candle. The candlestick is mahoghany. The candle is pink ivory, and the flame is osage orange.Then a mallet(Club? Blunt Instrument?) made from a bowling pen
Next is a multifunctional device(I made it as a bud vase, dad said it was a candlestick, sister said a tootpick holder). Who says woodworking isn't high tech?

All comments are welcome

oops.

Guess I did not do the attachments right. Here is the next try

Attachments

• watches2.jpg
    watches2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 40
  • candle1.jpg
    candle1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 33
  • mallet1.jpg
    mallet1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 29
  • vase1.jpg
    vase1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 22
Good-looking projects! I especially like the multi-species candle.

My Dad grew up in Dayton, Ohio. He said he turned a lamp or two out of bowling pins at the Boys Club back in the early '50s. I imagine there are a few other things you could do with 'em as well.

Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Welcome aboard, Gary. :wave: Nice stuff...I particularly like the watches. The picture posting gets easier after the first few. ;)

Welcome aboard Gary! :wave: Nice projects. I especially like the watches. Maybe you could give a little more detail on them. I noticed a chain attached to them. Do they hang from your neck? How big are they? Where did you get the kit for the time piece? I also didn't realize that you could use a bowling ball pin but it makes sense since it is made out of wood, I just didn't know they are such a nice wood. Nice to have you part of the family.

watch detail

The watches are actually pocket watches. You can get the watch inserts from several places on line. I use a company called Klockit.com. They also sell the hardware(Chains. connectors). You can also get an insert to use as a photo necklace.