Simple height gauge

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

I made it long time ago in Japan. It's not as accurate as caliper but it still serves me.

I added a Mag. Glass that is very important for my "getting old eyes" (I don't like reading glasses) but, if you are still "Young and Beautiful" you can omit this part :)

Regards
niki

HG01.jpgHG02.jpgHG03.jpgHG04.jpgHG05.jpg

HG06.jpgHG07.jpgHG08.jpgHG09.jpgHG10.jpg

That looks great. Here's the same concept, batteries required. I added a round pad to the tip to make it more versatile (not shown).

Attachments

• depth-gauge-2.jpg
    depth-gauge-2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 107
Thank you Glenn

Very nice idea and work

At the time that I made this one, analog calipers were quite expensive and the digital were rare and cost even double so, I had to make this cheap version:eek:

Nowadays, the calipers are much cheaper and I made one with analog caliper...not like yours but it's also accurate...

Regards
niki

No problem Niki. I like the magnifying glass set up you built into yours. I've got a couple areas around the shop where a magnifier would come in real handy.

Hi Glenn and Niki. I like both of your solutions.

Just a question Glenn, did you actually cut off the end of the caliper? and I guess that you did the same with the other (end inner stem) used to measure holes depth didn't you?

What did you use? a hacksaw and grinder followed by a fine file?