Daughters Jewelry box

This is a box I made for my daughter for Christmas.. the minwax stain gave me some grief, ( mostly self inflicted ) but for my first attempt at anything like this I managed to put a smile on her face.
It is white oak, but all her other furniture is dark, so I went with a red oak stain and tried to put an "antique" finish on it ..

Doug

Attachments

• mini-IMG_1298.JPG
    mini-IMG_1298.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 116
  • mini-IMG_1300.JPG
    mini-IMG_1300.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 129
Nice job, Doug. :thumb: Always good to get paid in smiles from someone you love.

So where did you build this box? You obviously didn't build it on that operating room table where you took the pictures. Way too clean to be a woodshop. :rofl:

Thanks Vaughn, I do like a clean shop.. ( wife says I am a bit anal :eek:)
I sweep and clean up every night, and then at the end of every project I give it a major cleaning where I blow everything down with compressed air, and leave the over head filter running for a couple of hours to keep the layers of dust to a minimum. I find it easier to manage if I stay on top of it.
The fact that it is a new shop, and I have only built 4 or 5 small projects in it would have some bearing on it as well I am sure..

Doug

No compartments.. it was my first attempt at anything like this, so I tried to keep it simple.. but now her Mom wants one.. so I may have to experiment a little.. compartments, and maybe a different top.. maybe different sized drawers.. who knows..??

Doug