3rd Peppermill

Ed Nelson

Here is the peppermill I turned for my Dad. He came to visit a couple days after Christmas, so I didn't finish it until he arrived. He enjoyed the turning process as much as the mill itself!

The pics look like the base is small, but that is just perspective. It is actually slightly larger than the middle.

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_02861.JPG

Wow, that's really nice, Ed. Did you glue up the blank or purchase it that way? However you got it, the end result is very cool. :thumb:

Hi Ed :wave:,
Striking piece! :thumb:
Best given to one you love!
Don't forget how you did it and push it!
Shaz :)
Remember and write on the board 100 times.... flat work is necessary for round work! :rofl: Exercise caution:eek:! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ed,
Nice peppermill.. really like the glue up. What did you use for a finish.. Looks soft like a satin finish and really shows off the wood.

Thanks Chuck, I just finished it with Deft lacquor and buffed it out. There is a pretty good shine on it, but it really does show off the wood!

Hi Ed :wave:,
Striking piece! :thumb:
Best given to one you love!
Don't forget how you did it and push it!
Shaz :)
Remember and write on the board 100 times.... flat work is necessary for round work! :rofl: Exercise caution:eek:! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't worry Shaz, I won't give up on the flat lands! You'll notice that the mill took some flat work prior to the spinny stuff! I hope to finish up the artist table soon that I'm working on. Pics to come!