Globe Products Mfg. Co.

Is it just me, or does it look like that saw is installed inside of a bus? Just wondering if the proximity of the camera makes the saw look larger than it is. You might want to ask about the wheel diameter. :dunno:

I wondered about the size too... then I said "hey, it's 40 bucks, delivered! I've spent more than that on one sawblade!" ;)

Too bad I'm 2,000 miles away! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

I've got a mutt of a shop - mixed bag of makes and eras. Most of the makers were known in their time and still respected today - Walker Turner, Atlas, Crescent, Inca. My two favorite machines are my 17" Bradley band saw - about 100 years old and an obscure maker, and a small FE Reed wood lathe - known for engine lathes, but a handful of wood lathes are scattered about the country.

I wouldn't be scared off by lack of brand recognition, especially when the price is right. As long as it seems built well enough for its task, why not?

My Bradley was missing pieces and was a complete pile of rust - $5 pulled from an old barn. We made several parts that needed to be replaced, and cobbled together our own to fill in the missing pieces - the new lower guide was the most involved. As far as i know, it's a unique machine. I'm sure more were made, but i haven't been able to find any information on the manufacturer, history, or other saws still in existence. It's fun to use and works well. I like having a functional curiosity. It makes dust just as well as an old Oliver or Delta.

I know the saw you were looking at is gone, but next time . . .

Paul Hubbman