Router Bit Needed

Bill Simpson

I need a router bit to cut a cove along the edge of an inside curve, Opposite of a Bull Nose.. Along an inside curve so a regular cove bit won't work.

My question to you all knowing :huh: knowledge based intellectual types is, What would that bit be called? I know that it is out there as I have a piece (which I must duplicate) that has obviously had one of those bits used on it.

This is what I need to duplicate If I can find the bit, I hope I can do a better job than the other guy.... BTW 3/4" stock

Attachments

• P1020716.JPG
    P1020716.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 53
I'm with Dale. Part of a multi-profile bit on a shaper would be the ticket. As to your problem, I would check some handrail and moulding bits out. Perhaps part of the profile could be used with a double pass(?).

This is what I need to duplicate If I can find the bit, I hope I can do a better job than the other guy.... BTW 3/4" stock

Hi Ol' Hickory :wave:,
I think you will do just fine but wonder if your job might be more assured of success if you made and used a pattern to guide the roller bearing of the cutter you will use?
Shaz :)

Thanks! :thumb: Edge Fluting Router Bits is what I am looking for, great links!

As for pattern guides, yes, that is the way to go,