Tossin' this workbench together...

Hey Alan, haven't seen you around here in a while. Glad to see you back. That bench looks like it will be indestructible! I guess your router didn't like hogging out all that Maple for the Emmert!

That is coming along great Alan. Looking forward to sharing in your progress through the pics. Thanks for taking us all along.

Alan, I don't see how you can use "tossing" in the same sentence with that bench. It doesn't look very "tossable" (unless you're a LOT bigger than I think you are). It looks seriously beefy and stout. :thumb:

Looking good so far.

Patternmakers Vice...man Alan you suck!!

Just kidding of course, but a Patternmakers vice has been along standing wish for me. I do to much small, detailed work to be without one,and yet somehow I forge ahead.

Alan,

That's one heck of a bench! Basic stand design is the same as mine, but that's where the similarity ends. Maple, great workmanship, and the vises are a dream unfulfilled in my shop! Very nice!

I enjoyed the pics, especially the mortise messup and the router carnage... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Alan, that is just simply a fantastic job.

WOW, what a bench, I can imagine that you get a smile on your face EVERY single time you use it.

Keep the pics coming, I'm certainly enjoying the build! :clap:

Last edited:
The chain should be the same size, or near the same size as a bicycle chain, got to a bicycle shop, borrow their chain break.

I've got one, but it would be a bit of a trek to lend it to you :D

Good luck!