Rolling Mortise Jig for router table

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

So, I made the new router table and as I mentioned, I made a few "add-on's" that where my dream for long time.

One of them is the "Rolling Mortise Jig"...it takes a few hours to build it but it's such a pleasure to work with it...I used the same method as I used for the "Rolling Tenon Jig" for the table saw.

On the pics, you'll see only the construction and some small test...

In the mean time I made also a router lift so it's even bigger pleasure to work

The setting looks complicated but actually, takes a few minutes...

Regards
niki

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

006.jpg007.jpg008.jpg009.jpg010.jpg

Schazam!! :eek: It is always interesting to see what you will come up with next. :thumb:

Quite extensive amount of work and thought went into this device. Thanks for the posting and pictures. I see as much work went into making the posting as well as the project.

Ever think of making a publishing of your creations, Or at least a web site.

Niki, it's always an education following your posts. It seems I get dozens of ideas from each one. Thanks for taking the time to document this and post the pictorial. Those last two pics prove the method works. :thumb:

Thank you so much for your kind words

Bill
Yes, it take some time to build it but later when I make a mortise in 10~20 seconds...
No, never thought about publishing
Web site....my upper limit with computers goes up to posting pictures:eek:...but posting here is almost like having web site :)

Vaughn
I like to post many pics so one will understand better...that's the difference between "look what I did" and "look how I did"...
I'm sure that I also picked-up some (many) ideas from books and Internet and just arranged them in different order...:eek:

The method works like a charm and now that I added the "router lift" (next post) it's even more easier and pleasure.

Regards
niki

Very, very NEAT, Niki. It's a good solution, and thanks for posting it.:thumb: I really enjoy seeing other people's jig solutions, even if I don't make or need that particular jig, but it keeps my mind working with Ideas that I might not have thought of that could be used in jigs that I do need and build. Keep up the good work.

Thank you Norman and Jerry

Norman
You are correct, I also like to see others jigs for the same reason...to get ideas for jigs that I need.

Regards
niki

Last edited: