Steel City 25200 chisel mortiser

Steve Ash

I've been building a baby crib for our new grandson (gloat) and needed to do some mortise and tenons for the spindles.....had a choice of running over to larry's and with the high price of gas could see that making several trips could get expensive.:eek:.... not to mention getting into the beverage allowance :rolleyes:

My lovely wife said "Hunny, don't you need one for your shop anyway?":huh:.....never being one to argue with the Mrs. I jumped in the truck and drove 3.2 miles to the nearest woodworking tool store where they carry powermatic, Delta and steel city tools....the steel city 25200 followed me home, and had a $40.00 rebate.:thumb:I'm glad she is so smart and had a handy plastic card:rofl:

Can't wait to see how it works.....don't think I'm gonna tell her about the rebate:D

Sounds like the LOYL is a keeper!:thumb: You will undoubtedly need that mysterious $40 for necessary accessories and supplies for the crib.;) Give us a report on it when you get it going.:type:

DITTO! ;):):D:rolleyes::eek::p

you know better, than to post a thread like this w/o pics.

joe

btw, did this purchase dig into the beverage fund?

You all know I am one that likes to post pics:wave:....but I have a valid reason for no pics this time. My PC got a virus while I was gone on a short trip, :dunno:so in the meantime I am using a laptop that the Masonic Lodge entrusted to me to do Secretarial duties.:type: I'd have to download a program to put pics on this laptop....something I don't want to do since this really isn't "my" computer.:(

When I get my own PC cleaned I'll be happy to post pics to this thread.:thumb:

Beverage fund seems to always take a hit when a new tool comes in the shop :rofl:

Dang, and here I was getting all ready to say I was sorry your camera was broken, and maybe you could use the $40 for a new one, but then you go and post the REAL reason for no pics. Spoilsport. :p

You're going to like having a mortiser. (And the Steel City one is rumored to be a real good one.) Drilling square holes is just too cool. I don't use mine a lot (other than on the Viking bed project I bought it for), but it sure is handy when I do use it. :thumb: