A tale of two doors

Jeff Horton

Take two old doors, a wife who loves interior design shows and one husband/wood worker and what do you get? Why a new bed of course

finished.jpgfinished2.jpgfinished1.jpg

Head and foot board are two old doors I got from a house that was being remodeled. (Personally I like the old doors better then the new ones but....)

My wife calls one morning shortly after leaving the house and tells me there are several old doors out in the yard of a house that being remodeled and that I need to go get them! Being the good husband I drive up and ask about the doors. The lady makes a quick phone call and comes back and tells me I can have them, just haul them off. Of course I have to take all them, including the ones I don't want.

Wife tells me she wants a bed made from them. After some sketching and discussing she got what she wanted. I used poplar for the posts and rails. Lee Valley hardware.

And for those that missed the previous post. I installed the bed earlier this week and discovered we had been over generous in allowing space around the mattress for sheets and blankets. So I had to take it back to the shop and cut it down both directions. Perfect fit this time. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jeff, you have a very smart wife. Most folks would have see two old doors....she saw a bed and had the confidence that you could pull it off....which you did nicely. Very good idea with nice results.

Great job, Jeff. :clap: The style of the finished bed nicely compliments the window trim in the room. Good call on your wife's part, and good execution on yours.