Show my your sheet good storage.

Kevin, I have this:

Closet wall, sheet goods storage, chalk board -2.JPG

rack in my shop, the rightmost section of which will accomodate 4' by 8' sheets stood on end.

I also have this;

Frame for Baltic Birch playwood -3.JPG

rack in my garage for Baltic Birch plywood (which comes in 5' by 5' sheets).

Last edited:
Frank, that looks like the one I plane on building, If the LOML wil decide what we are doing.:rolleyes: Can not decide if we are moving or not.

This is a photo I made a few months ago. There is alot more wood in it now.

1.jpg

Mine stand vertically between a wall and my cutoff bin. The bin is 4' wide and 2' deep with angled dividers. With a decent amount of wood in it there is enough weight to lean the sheet goods forward to get to what I'm after. You can see a 'stop' hanging from the rafters to prevent the taller sheets from leaning too far (right side of the pic amongst everything else).
http://familywoodworking.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15121&d=1197057128

P.s. I have a plywood platform raised on 2x2's to allow airflow under and around. The sheetgoods stand on this platform as opposed to the concrete.

Wow nice racks! :rofl:

I'll see if I can find some pics of mine to post tonight.

O.T....Rennie, How's the website coming along? I took a look but looks like your missing some files that are suppose to be under a folder called 'index_files'.

O.T....Rennie, How's the website coming along? I took a look but looks like your missing some files that are suppose to be under a folder called 'index_files'.
Very slow - thanks for asking. My holidays were jamb packed with lots of 'stuff to do' and the web site took a WAY back seat. I hope to be back on it by the end of the month. This wil be a slow process!:eek:

I don't have a picture of mine, but due to my limited floorspace and high 12' ceillings in my garage I installed several rafter storage units. Two are these Racor manual crank lifts:

http://www.amazon.com/ProStor-Heavy-Lift-Racor-Elevator/dp/B000QSR2UC

Three more ceiling storage platforms are fixed and made from left-over rear-door blocking "gates" the builders put up on the new homes in my neighborhood.

Thanks for the ideas.

Thanks to all of you for you tips and ideas. I was particularly impressed with the vertical storage from Rick Levine. I had pictured doing something similar but standing them horizontal. Vertical is obviously less floor space. I also found the wood rack on casters interesting, good idea.

Good job guys,
Kevin