Artful’s Little Brother

Smaller version of what I posted yesterday.

Maple Bowl 9 ¾” x 3 ½” x ¼”, sanded to 400, Watco Natural and a couple of quick wipe on/wipe off coats of Minwax Poly.

Artful Lil Bro V1.jpg Artful Lil Bro V2.jpg Artful LIl Bro V3.jpg

As always – critiques and comments are appreciated!

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Steve, I would call that impressive but for the fact that it's far beyond that.:thumb:
Does turning it with a hole that big increase the pucker factor? I haven't tried anything that big but I think my heart would be in my throat while attempting something like that. It's beautiful, Steve.:thumb:
You're getting way too good at this!:eek:

Thanks Gord! Never even paid any attention to the hole while turning - sanding, that was another matter! Ended up doing a lot more hand sanding than I wanted - but in the end it was worth it! Glad you liked it!

Dang, another nice one, Steve. :thumb: That sure is a pretty batch of maple you got hold of. Great job finding the bowl in it.

I do like the closeness of the grain patterns in that maple, don't see much of it over here.

Gord, on the coping with holes front I just put the speed up as much as possible as soon as it is balanced, this reduces any tendency for the tool to enter the hole if you have a bit too much pressure on because of the shorter reaction time. Bit like driving the car over a rough surface, not enough time for the suspension to respond.