Working Shops

Reg Mitchell

Ok here it is getting closer to the day before I leave the Production realm of work. I have been readying myself for the day for a year or so. I have now narrowed the time frame to maybe Feb of the new year. I am in a good position financually oweing no bills or morgage. I have money put aside for things but I would like to hear any advice on tricks that I might need to know to keep me aflote. I have no grandure of makeing a lot of money only keeping up so I can do what I really enjoy.
Reg

One of the things that I would recommend would be to have 6 months (not 3, not 4, not 5, but SIX months) living expenses in an account that NEVER gets touched unless you ABSOLUTELY CAN"T work for some reason. Other than for that reason, the money is forgotten about; no rainy days, no "Oh well just a little ........(whatever), no NOTHING, only if you absolutely can't work.

THEN deal with your daily, weekly and monthly expenses and savings, college funds, retirement funds, etc. like you normally would.

If you and your partner stay healthy and for some reason you decide that you want to go back to the secular world, you have six months of expenses to live on while you find new work (if you need that long).

This is not my idea BTW, just one of the things that was drilled into my head by a man that I look up to and who now owns blocks of commercial/business and residential real estate in different cities but who started out as a legal immigrant with nothing from Cuba during Castro's reign in the 70's.

Just my .02 cents

Cut out everything you can.
Extra special grocery items.
Extra special tools. Think, Do I really need that?
Do this for a year, then see where you are at.
Then add tools as necessary.