"All Seasons" sled for table saw

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

I made small TS sled (half sled) to cut boards that are up to 15"~16" wide.

The sled is a "Push sled" type that is made of a left-over piece from 5/16" thick "Floor panel".

If you will not see any screws that are connecting the fence to the sled, it's because.......there are no screws...the fence is Super-glued to the sled.

Because of the method that I use, I'm very confident that the fence is square to the blade so I don't use any screws but, just glue it to the sled.

I called it "all seasons" because the runner is narrower by 1/32"~1/16" than the miter slot width so, it will never bind due to weather changes.

On the last picture you'll see the distance from the sled fence to the center of the blade - 40cm=15-3/4".

Regards
niki

S001.jpgS002.jpgS003.jpgS004.jpgS005.jpg

S006.jpgS007.jpgS008.jpgS009.jpgS010.jpg

I called it "all seasons" because the runner is narrower by 1/32"~1/16" than the miter slot width so, it will never bind due to weather changes.

Looks good and if it works for you then great.:thumb:

For me, to help in the expanding and contracting during seasons, I use corian for my runners. As best I can tell corian doesn't swell or shrink. But what works for one doesn't work for all.

I use corian for my runners. As best I can tell corian doesn't swell or shrink. But what works for one doesn't work for all.
To tell you the truth, I don't even know how Corian looks like:eek:....I make the runners from Oak

Niki,

You are the Ron Popeil of woodworking!
Oh yes, I've seen him on many "shopping channels" around the world

You can stick to me the "but wait, there is more" but certenly not the "how much you would pay"

After reading his life story, it looks to me that he doesn't need all our small gadgets.....without any problem he can buy a $25,000 slider...CNC, System 32 and.......somebody to do the work for him......small amateurs like me will continue to suffer with a small router, small table saw and small unheated garage:eek:...but, I enjoy it sooooo much:):):)

Regards
niki

Thank you Patrick

There is no EB any more, everything is now "Metabo"

I don't think that it would sell in USA, you know the Made in Germany prices....

It costs around $2000 including the sliding table (39" before the blade) but does not have the normal miter gauge slots (only one of 3/8" wide on the left of the blade).

Very quite induction motor, superb dust extraction (even with my shop vac) and all the other "EU safety regulations".

Regards
niki

001.jpg004.jpg

I was looking just today and saw that it's now Metabo. Metabo over here only sells a small benchtop unit and it's $600.

I'd prefer to have one like yours to a typical table saw available here anyday :thumb: and it's in metric :thumb: