No I did Not fall off the edge of the world

Ned Bulken

nedatwork.jpg

I hear it has been rumored that I have fallen off a cliff, or from the roof of the shop...

not true. I've been right where you see me there... at the wheel of my office. The nature of my job (commercial real estate research) has changed of late, and instead of a somewhat sedentary approach where I"m sitting still for most of the time, I've been doing some serious road work of late. The Prius has new snow tires on it, which as you can see haven't been needed in the recent past, but trust me, back in December they were a vital addition to my tool list.

I'm alive and well, and enjoying my family time of late. Especially my youngest son... who is a nut...
bunny.jpg
as evidenced here.

later I realized that it might just be too dark to try and take photos when this happened:
toodark.jpg

luckily that was the 'last' photo of the day (or almost, I snuck in two more). Thankfully it was just the sign I was interested in

What, you STILL do not have that workshop dried in ............. :eek:

;) :DJust funning ya Ned, you got to do what you got to do, and paying the bills is real high on the list.

Got to ask you, a while back, when you switched jobs, you were real worried about the choice you made, if it was the "right" one (which is a natural concern). Now, knocking on a while, what do you think?

Cheers! :wave:

What, you STILL do not have that workshop dried in ............. :eek:

;) :DJust funning ya Ned, you got to do what you got to do, and paying the bills is real high on the list.

Got to ask you, a while back, when you switched jobs, you were real worried about the choice you made, if it was the "right" one (which is a natural concern). Now, knocking on a while, what do you think?

Cheers! :wave:

Nope, still not dried in, saving up for a crew to do the job for me.

Funny you should ask,
with the new year, came a new career path for me, my position was an entry level one, with no immediate advancement pathway in the company, but plenty of growth opportunity into management or parallel jobs, all of which would have required a relocation, but as of the new year, I now have a way get paid more and still do what I am now, without having to relocate.
And yes, I absolutely love what I'm doing! Evidently my position and department were new just before I joined up, so it is evolving and growing. I'm only about 5 months 'behind' some of the more senior peeps doing the same thing, but I'm right in there with them on production and so on. 2008 should be a banner year, as I'm gunning for promotion, and I think I'm about 1/2 way there on the numbers right now. Not bad for only being at the job 7 months.

The really great thing is that I should be able to relocate later when Lori and I decide it is time, and by then I should be well up the ladder so to speak.

The shop will get done when it gets done. I'm not going to let it get to me, have too many things to accomplish and wasting energy worrying about it won't do me any good.

Sounds like things are going well. It is a great opportunity to get into something while it is being developed. Glad to hear your still kicking . . . er, rolling.