Lectern for wife

Ken Whitaker

My wife is a school teacher and wanted a lectern.

The wood is red oak finished with wipe on gel stain and four coats of poly sprayed on.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_4238.JPG
    Copy of IMG_4238.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Copy of IMG_4246.JPG
    Copy of IMG_4246.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Copy of IMG_4249.JPG
    Copy of IMG_4249.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 57
Ken

Looks fantastic! But........ where's the power cord for the laptop for powerpoint presentations! :D

Jay

Hi Ken, Very nice looking lectern. Please tell what color/shade of gel stain. Early American perhaps?
The reason I'm asking....I've been asked to make a simple cover over a filing cabinet to match the existing shelving. The shelving is red oak and is stained but nobody remembers what stain was used. It looks very close to your lectern.
Thanks for posting.
John 2-T

Nice job, Ken. Either you are going to have a lot of other jealous teachers in her school, or you will be making a lot more of these. Maybe both. I like the use of the raised panels around the 3 sides.

John

Hi Ken, Very nice looking lectern. Please tell what color/shade of gel stain. Early American perhaps?
The reason I'm asking....I've been asked to make a simple cover over a filing cabinet to match the existing shelving. The shelving is red oak and is stained but nobody remembers what stain was used. It looks very close to your lectern.
Thanks for posting.
John 2-T

John,

The Gel Stain is "General Finishes, American Oak, Gel Stain" that I purchased from Woodcraft. my local store is very good about opening the stain cans up and letting you test some of it in the store to find the tint you want.

Thanks for your kind words

Ken

Ken, Chris beat me to the humor so I'll just get right to the accolades - great looking piece. I like your use of dovetails on the front. It adds a nice look that I'm sure will impress the kids :thumb: I'd be surprised if you didn't get some more orders from the other teachers. Great job.