Viva "Super Viva Home" !!!!!!!

Stuart Ablett

I've found a replacement for my beloved Joyful Honda................no really it is, I could not believe it :eek:

On the way home from Joyful Honda, just as I get off one expressway, and PAY to get on another one, there is this HUGE billboard that says "SUPER Viva Home".......... I figured it was a DIY place, and it is in an area that used to be all industrial, but they are now building shopping centers, and multiplexes. I thought I should give it a try, often I've found new DIY shops that are more Walmart than Borg, so I was not too optimistic, well boy am I ever glad to be DEAD wrong!! {(.)}

super_viva_home1.JPG super_viva_home2.JPG super_viva_home3.JPG

Just a couple of shots, I was so stunned walking around that I forgot to take pics!

This place is easily twice as big as Joyful Honda, maybe even 3 times as big, and I did not go into the garden center, or the second floor where the "Auto-Zone" is......HUGE!

Heck they have 3100 parking spots! :thumb:

The prices are very similar to Joyful, some things are lower, some are a bit higher. Thing is, the new place has a few things going for it;

One: The new place is only 30 minutes from my house, WAY less time driving, gas used etc.

Two: I only have to use one expressway, this costs $7 each way, Joyful costs me a total of $13.50 each way.

Three: New place has a "Points Card" you get points for each thing you buy, and then you get money back. To get even more points back if I use the new credit card I have from them, I get DOUBLE the points. This will pay the toll road fees each time I go, as I SELDOM spend less than $200 each time I go. I go about once every six weeks, and I usually buy a bunch of stuff for the Liquor shop too.
Four: Next to the new place, is a self serve gas stand, again, if I use my new place CC there, I get 4 yen off a liter of gas!

I pay 165 yen a liter in Tokyo, out there, the price is 144, and with the extra discount, I get it for 140 yen a liter! {(.)}

My little truck takes about 40 liters of gas, so that saves me about $10 a tank on gas.

I have no problem with having another credit card, I use them seldom, and pay them off each month.

Boy this new place, Super Viva Home is just fantastic, SO MUCH more stuff, and the selection is HUGE, the service is good too, I really do not think I'll be heading out to Joyful anymore.

Cheers!

You sound like a kid who just discovered a toy store (with a big candy department to boot) within bicycle distance from home. :p

Just as Home Depot pulls customers away from the Mom and Pop hardware stores here in the States, it sounds like Viva is trying to take the "joy" out of Joyful Honda. ;)

What an assortment:

I can see it now, as Stu is walking through the store...

All I need today is some lumber.
default_ph041.jpg

Wow, that impact driver is on sale...might as well pick one up...I've been wanting one.
default_ph058.jpg

Oh yeah, we need to change the oil in the van...I'll grab some of that while I'm out.
default_ph020.jpg

Hmm...I've always wanted to learn to ride a unicycle. That pink one is me.
default_ph006.jpg

Dunno why, but I feel compelled to buy some disposable diapers. What the heck...I'm here already, so I might as well pick some up.
default_ph003.jpg

Ooh look! A puppy!
default_ph064.jpg

:rofl:

Vaughn,

That is some funny stuff. I had to stop laughing before I typed this response. Glad it is later in the day or it would have been a coffee bath for the laptop.
Stu,

Have fun in your new "toy store". It does look coooooool!

Vaughn,

You forgot the most important part.

He can pay for it all on the card. Card.jpg:thumb:

Joking aside, it looks like a very nice place to find some things.

Randy

Vaughn,

You forgot the most important part.

He can pay for it all on the card. View attachment 16742:thumb:

Joking aside, it looks like a very nice place to find some things.

Randy

Hey Randy, the card is a good deal, no charges, ever, and if I use the card I get double the points in their points program, which should pay for some gas from time to time, not a bad thing at all!

I'll miss Joyful, but at least the new place has an even STUPIDER name :rofl: :rofl:

...I'll miss Joyful, but at least the new place has an even STUPIDER name :rofl: :rofl:

I heard a rumor that a new chain of stores is opening in Tokyo called Most Happy Wonderful Fun Shopping Extravaganza. It holds great promise for ya, Stu. Their unicycles are even pinker, and their puppies are even fluffier.

Art, I'm in for five bucks. :D

Hey Randy, the card is a good deal, no charges, ever, and if I use the card I get double the points in their points program, which should pay for some gas from time to time, not a bad thing at all.

I'm not knocking it. I have a Home Depot and Lowes card, I use them all the time for their 6 months no intrest programs. No points program though.:(

Randy

This thread has a curious tone to it. I expect a tactical strike from Stu shortly. I am glad to be on the sidelines on this one. Fluffy blue puppies and pink unicycles, I am concerned.

This thread has a curious tone to it. I expect a tactical strike from Stu shortly. I am glad to be on the sidelines on this one. Fluffy blue puppies and pink unicycles, I am concerned.
If we don't give Stu a hard time, he won't think we like him anymore. :p We're just trying to do our part to keep him happy. :D

Well, the tactical strike is off now, Joe blew my element of surprise :eek: :rolleyes: :D :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't bother me that Vaughn like unicycles and Fluffy Blue Puppies, he does live in Kalifornia after all ;) :wave::type: