Official post your pet thread

proof002.jpg

the official shop ball chaser. Prancer is three years old this winter.

ever see the new Dr Doolittle, she's just as focused on 'the ball' as the terrier in that movie.

Rennie,
Our vet told us that there is a very high pitch hiss from compressors and air guns that dogs with extra sensitive hearing can't stand...and humans can't hear. Chessie will respond to me when I whisper 50 yards away from her...Shebbie won't.

The high pitch thing is common. We have a whistle at the clinic we use to check dogs hearing for high frequencies. People can't hear it.

Can also happen with computer monitors.

I'll try to get time to resize pictures of Bowser and Spot and post them later.

Larry-

Last edited:
Well this is too good to not get in on, we don't have a pet here in Tokyo, too busy in our lives and not really fair to a dog or a cat to be cooped up in the house all day (that is the story my wife tells me anyways.......:( )

But.......... My parents in Canada have a great dog, her name is Brandy, she is a Britney (I think).

Some pics......

granpa_grama1.jpg
My folks with Brandy (she is Gramp's dog)

Mizuki_Erika_brandy_hug1.jpg
The kids go to Canada most Christmases, and my parents usually bring Brandy to the airport, my Mum said the girls were more excited to see Brandy than the Grandparents :D

sleeping_beauty.jpg
Brandy sleeps just about anywhere she wants, and in the weirdest positions too

sleeping_beauty2.jpg
My daughters spoil her rotten :thumb:

abs_house4.jpg
My youngest, hamming in up with Brandy :rolleyes:

There is a good story behind how Brandy came to live with my folks.

She was the shop dog of a guy my older brother knew, Brandy lived in the detached shop the guy had, he was an older retired guy, his wife would not allow Brandy in the house. The guy died rather suddenly, and my brother was asked to take a look at the tools and stuff in his shop, as the widow wanted to sell everything.

He said he went in the shop, and Brandy was in her bed in the shop, and she could hardly get up to greet him (she was only about 3 or 4 years old then, but was sick. The widow had basically locked Brandy in the shop, had not fed her regularly, or let her out to do her business for at least a month, she was really sick. My brother said he'd never wanted to strike an old lady so much in his life!

He took Brandy that day and never went back. Brandy went to a good vet and had to have some work done, but she was getting back to good health, but my brother could not keep her, they had a dog and a couple of cats, so they were looking for a good home. Then they had to go out of town for a week, the other animals could be taken care of by a neighbor dropping over daily to look in on them, but Brandy needed a bit more looking after, so they got my Mom and Dad to take her for a week, well, she has been there ever since, must be at least 6 or 7 years now.

She is slowing down, but she is such a great dog, when my girls leave each year, my Dad says she gets up every morning and searches the whole house for the girls for a week.

Great thread guys! :thumb:

Hey Stu,

I'm glad Brandy found a good home. I have never understood how people can be cruel to animals. It definitely gives insight to their character!

This thread has gone to the dogs :rofl:

Okay Jim, I'll try to balance it a bit.

This is "Bella" short for Isabella. She is a stray that a person my wife works with had hanging around there house. Judy told her co-worker I had a few mice out in the shop and we'd take the cat and hope it was a mouser.

I put cat food and water out in the shop for Bella, but I have also found strong evidence Bella is not only a good mouser but she tends to like birds too.

My lab Honey-Behr had never seen a cat until Bella arrived and wanted to be friends with her....Bella apparently has seen a few dogs in her day and didn't have the same feeling of wanting to get aquainted.:eek: Bella found refuge up above the cabinets and was no way she would be coaxed to come back down until Honey-Behr had left the building.

Attachments

• 100_2791.jpg
    100_2791.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 20
Heartwarming story, Stu. That's what Rescue is all about. It's the good stories like that keep us going in our rescue work. If it weren't for the happy endings like this one, we be burned out in less than a year, and it would be the animals who would suffer. Jim.

Hi all. New guy here, and I'm happy too see that I'm not the only cat lover in the litter box. Here's Boo Boo Kitty (real name Beulah). He does all my proof reading for me since I don't usually spell so good.

BooBoo.jpg

Stu, that is a great story about Brandy. Animals know that someone is helping them and show their appreciation in their own way. Your brother was exercising a lot of self control when dealing with the widow. Being the grouch that I am, I think I might have called the SPCA after rescuing Brandy. That widow was just a mean person.

Hi all. New guy here, and I'm happy too see that I'm not the only cat lover in the litter box. Here's Boo Boo Kitty (real name Beulah). He does all my proof reading for me since I don't usually spell so good.

View attachment 1964

Hey Thelbert! Welcome to the site. Shop pets seems like a good way to get started. It's funny how we all name our furry family members and have all sorts of nicknames for them...and they know each and every one. Our Petie gets called Boo Boo. My wife always said he was her teddy bear, so Boo Boo Bear seemed appropriate!

Stu, that is a great story about Brandy. Animals know that someone is helping them and show their appreciation in their own way. Your brother was exercising a lot of self control when dealing with the widow. Being the grouch that I am, I think I might have called the SPCA after rescuing Brandy. That widow was just a mean person.

Oh he wanted to, but to be fair the lady was getting on, and she had just lost her husband, I think Brandy reminded her of him a lot, and she just could not bear it.

My brother said she could not even go into the workshop, it just broke her heart, as her husband loved the place.

Still no excuse, but in the end Brandy is healthy and happy (OK, she is spoiled rotten :D).

Cheers!

I also have a cat named Boo Boo. Here are a few pics:

Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_0780.JPG
    IMG_0780.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0724.JPG
    IMG_0724.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 10
Well it has been a while since anyone has posted pics of their pets and we have had a bunch of new members since then, so any of you new people got a picture of your pet to share with us?

Maybe someone has gotten a new pet since they last posted?

We only have two pets right now, and I fear that shortly it will be just one.

First is our old cat "Mouse" (named because when she was a kitten she was so tiny) who's almost at the end of the road. She's about 16 now and has been with us since she was 6 weeks. She's getting pretty slow and sore, so this might be her last summer. Sad to see her go, but she's done well with no illness or major injuries.

Second is my sweethearts "new" baby. She took the place of our 24 year old son who moved to his own place and since my wife needs someone to spoil, we got the dog .... I wasn't up for it.... The Westies name is Jock and she's about 7 years old now. Her full registered name is "Jock, the smallest McGlashan". She's pretty full of herself and rules the house with firmness and determination.

And, just for the halibut .... here's the cat we had when we lived in Northern Ontario 25 years ago. I got him from a workmates girlfriend. We were coming off night shift at the Dome Mine in South Porcupine and she had this little bundle of white fur that her landlord wouldn't let her keep. We took "Sam" to Sarah's (my wife) Dad's place and while he was wild and carefree (a Tom and not fixed or declawed), he lasted almost four years. He ended up at 18lbs of independant wild spirit. He used to bring home rabbits and partridges and leave them on the porch roof where we couldn't see them and wouldn't find them until our noses told us where they were. We watched a couple of times as he cleaned up on a pair of foxes who thought he was an easy target for dinner ... were they ever wrong ... and they didn't learn the first time. The second time we didn't even bother letting the dogs out to save him ... he was doing fine on his own and didn't appreciate the interference

Edit : I remember the day we were headed out bird hunting and we met Sam coming up the lane with a rabbit in his mouth, dragging the rabbit home to show us (he never ate wild catches at home). He was so proud of his catch that he put rabbit down to "meow" at us and when he did the darn thing ran away ... was he ever wild ... wouldn't speak to us for a week ... like it was our fault ...

cheers

Last edited:
Hello All,

Decided time to add pics of my 2 "poop and chews". Carrera the yellow lab is 12+ shown riding the airplane built for my nephew Ian ( Dave's son). Cayenne is the black lab she's 4. My avatar is Cayenne in her younger days.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 21
  • planecarrera.jpg
    planecarrera.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 26
Face-1.JPG100_0417-1.JPG

This is Turbo last summer. He's 12 now but still knows that you have stop and smell the roses, or flowers for that matter.

He has a shop rule. If it's wood and it hits the floor, you best be quick or it's his. He's a miter saw groupie. :D

Last edited:
Oh great. Now you've dredged up those painful childhood memories where my parents would never let us have a dog. I was trying to think of something to post and realized I don't even have a house plant :doh: .

Sarge

Here is a pic of my dog Sarge, He is a Valley Bulldog and you couldn't ask for a better side kick. We are on the lookout for either a pug or a bulldog for my Daughter.
DCP_1404.jpg
sept2004016.jpg

UPDATE new addition to our family. Welcome Buster Myers. My Daughter has been saving her money for over a year and finally bought this Pug Puppy . I was very proud of her as she is only 11 years old and saved almost $600 on her own for this.

DCP_2042.jpg

Last edited: