New Delta TS blade

Billy Burt

A buddy and I went to the Woodworker's Show in Columbus this past weekend. Delta was demonstrating their new blade. The rep put it through the same paces that the Forrest folks do and the blade functioned pretty much the same. No heat, no blade marks, no need for jointing. All for less than half of my Woodworker II ($39 show price) and it doesn't need a stabilizer (kerf isn't quite as thin as the WWII). Could be all sales hype, but the rep said the basic difference between the two was that Delta only polishes their carbide to 600 grit, while Forrest goes to 800. At any rate, my buddy LOVES his new blade and has let me know several times already. Just thought some of you might be interested.

I have a DEWALT DW7640 10-Inch 50T Combination Woodworking Saw Blade that I bought a couple of years ago at the woodworking show in Denver. I also have the Forrest WWII blade. I like the cut quality of the Dewalt over the Forest blade. It stayed sharp longer also. I liked the Dewalt blade so much that I bought another one from Amazon last May for $24.00. Now what does this have to do with the Delta blade your friend bought? Well I can't confirm this but I read something awhile back that the Delta blades were the same as the Dewalt's. Just a different name painted on the blades. If that is true then your friends blade is probably the same as mine.

I believe that DeWalt is making the Delta blades. I've worked with DeWalt in the past on some product testing of their dado set. They make some very nice blades at a lot less the cost than the Forrest.

I saw the Delta combo blade last year. It is a nice blade. Its on my list for this year's show.

Since B&D bought Pentair, the new Delta blades look a lot like the old Series 60 DeWalts. I've read a few raves and a few complaints, but both are made in the UK and look alike. Does your buddy's blade look like this?

Delta-sawblade-35-7657.jpg

dewalt-circular-saw-blade-DW7657.jpg