Particle Meter Group Sale (expires 1/21/08)

Lee DeRaud

There's a group buy going on over at SMC for particle meters, in case you want to evaluate your dust collection needs/results. Original thread (describes meters etc) is here, order form (accessable to non-SMC members) is here.

Pretty impressive little widgets for $140-$200 (depending on features). I'm getting one, as much as anything to find out just how dusty the air is here before I start making sawdust. :eek:

For what it's worth...dunno who from here ordered one of these widgets, but this just got posted on SMC:

Hi Phil:

I was going to email you today about this exact subject. I know you had previously send an email offering to tell the guys when the units have shipped. We now have all the Sawmill Creek order slotted in our production schedule. It goes like this...all the 1/5 micron units (including COM-ports) will ship by Friday this week. All units with .5 & 2.5 micron calibration or .5 & 5 micron calibration (including COM-ports) will ship by the end of the following week (Feb 8, 2008). At the end of each day this week and next week, any of the orders that shipped, I will send an email to let them know their tracking number and the total that their card was charged. Let everyone know that I have their email addresses from the order form (thank you for that) and they don't need to email it to me again.

Thanks,

Kim Unger
Dylos Corporation

FYI: "Phil" is the guy organizing the group buy, and when Kim says "all the Sawmill Creek orders", I suspect that means everybody who used Phil's form to order, since there's no way for Kim to know where they actually got it.

As Murphy's Law would predict, the version I ordered ships last. :doh:(The good news is, it only has to travel about 20 miles.)

Thanks for the update, Lee. I was wondering what the status was. I'm not in a mad hurry to get it, so I'll just sit tight until it arrives.

On the subject of nearby shipping...last Saturday I ordered the parts for a new computer. By Sunday, I had UPS shipping info indicating the package was coming from La Puente, CA...not too far down the road from me. Slated to arrive Tuesday. Cool. I was happy. Then I got a notice saying the monitors were shipping from Memphis, TN, and wouldn't be here until Thursday. :bang:

On the subject of nearby shipping...last Saturday I ordered the parts for a new computer. By Sunday, I had UPS shipping info indicating the package was coming from La Puente, CA...not too far down the road from me. Slated to arrive Tuesday. Cool. I was happy. Then I got a notice saying the monitors were shipping from Memphis, TN, and wouldn't be here until Thursday. :bang:
Sounds like the "emergency" shipment we had at work one time: vendor shipped a small circuit board about 1PM, Fedex Overnight from Ventura to Anaheim (about 70 miles). I got in at 5AM the next morning and hit the tracking site: the package was in Salt Lake City. :eek: But by 7AM it was in Fullerton, and by 9AM it had been delivered and signed for by our receiving department in the building next door.

I finally got in my hands about 2PM, but that's an entirely different rant. :doh: